You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

Dadud wrote:
James wrote:
Dadud wrote:

They seem to be following the 2021 routine, so either tonight or Tuesday we'll get a live debut with a release at midnight on Friday morning, then twords the end of September we'll get a 2nd song, probably wrapped up with another EP featuring a few other live songs (probably a couple of the recently reintroduced songs like pretty tied up, bad obsession and a live performance of perhaps) following the tour wrapping up. Hopefully they have their shit in order this time and don't make people wait until March 2024 to receive their copies

If the physical copies aren't already stacked up in a warehouse ready to ship at a moment's notice, they shouldn't even bother.

It'll be old news and they'll just have to give copies away like last time.

Hopefully they learned how many sales to expect plus the supply chains returning to normal means the lead time is low. I'd wager the EP mixes went gold over the last week and are being printed soon for sale starting in October or November. Does anyone know what factory produced the last EP? Might be worth trying to find someone who works at it to see what the new EP contains

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It would be funny if they calculated shit sales based on the previous EP and box sets, actually promoted this, and the handful of copies sell out in minutes. 16

I have no idea how this stuff works anymore...or even how many plants still exist pressing this stuff. I know they also have some in Europe too.

I just know the previous clusterfuck got blamed on the pandemic even though other major acts were releasing stuff at the same time and there weren't long waits for CDs/LPs.

Maybe Axl should ask Lars if GNR can piggyback on their machine. Metallica makes their own products.

James

James wrote:

Just listened to Perhaps a few times on my stereo (hello neighbors!).

Yeah...it needs work.

During the excitement of the Village Sessions leak, I said disc 1 only needed to be wrapped in cellophane and released.

It needed a lot more than that....

That chorus is so messy and choppy. Yikes.

Slash can definitely improve the guitar on this song...no doubt.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't interpret Slash not saying a lot as lack of enthusiasm, more that he knows that accidently saying the wrong thing could start issues they don't need, same reason Axl said at the china exchange that he wasn't going to publish his account of prior events. I think they're all happy things work and just don't ever do anything that might break it big_smile

Happy this is finally coming out though, I like the song as we last heard it, and pretty excited at the prospect of a second song or more too.

James

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I don't interpret Slash not saying a lot as lack of enthusiasm, more that he knows that accidently saying the wrong thing could start issues they don't need, same reason Axl said at the china exchange that he wasn't going to publish his account of prior events. I think they're all happy things work and just don't ever do anything that might break it big_smile

Lessons from Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles.

Eagles let bygones be bygones...but as soon as one (Felder) starts in...he exits stage left.

The Fleetwood Mac drama caused all sorts of shit...to the point fans were robbed of a proper farewell tour and album.

They should still be able to comment on new material being released. Avoiding the other stuff is understandable.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

The link I posted this morning now takes you to the official site instead. Which could be good or bad news

James

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

The link I posted this morning now takes you to the official site instead. Which could be good or bad news

God I can't stand it.

Everything...and I mean everything is just so inept.

They can't even properly rollout ONE song. What was the point of the countdown...meant to create buzz and excitement...if you're just going to remove it hours later?

Even if it was accidentally rolled out early...it's still no excuse.

It's like they don't want their own hardcore base to enjoy anything.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Oh my God …

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I looked at the online store for a “Perhaps” cd and came across this:

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/last-c … r-keychain

Guns “and” Roses? This was approved by Team Brazil for manufacturing?

The full extent of their incompetence is astonishing.

James

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

I looked at the online store for a “Perhaps” cd and came across this:

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/last-c … r-keychain

Guns “and” Roses? This was approved by Team Brazil for manufacturing?

The full extent of their incompetence is astonishing.

Wow...that's literally third world tacky sweatshop merchandise. It's like they found some company with this bottom of the barrel crap, bought it from them,  and are now selling it as official merch.

This would be like Michael Jordan selling #24 Bulls jerseys in the 90s.

Board footer