You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

Dani_1455 wrote:
Couso wrote:

What do you think of this posted on 4chan?

I work in the industry. Perhaps was supposed to be out today and Atlas scheduled for November. There were talks of getting The General in a movie soundtrack, but it looks like that fell apart too. Word is Axl pulled the plug to stick it to the studios with all the strike action thats going on, which has caused bad blood with the label and now Perhaps is up in the air.

Probably fake for some reasons, the first one is that the artwork is too good and that seems impossible at a GNR release nowadays and the second one why would they release something in November, they do not have tour dates and there are no plans for 2024 dates

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Dani_1455 wrote:
Couso wrote:

I work in the industry. Perhaps was supposed to be out today and Atlas scheduled for November. There were talks of getting The General in a movie soundtrack, but it looks like that fell apart too. Word is Axl pulled the plug to stick it to the studios with all the strike action thats going on, which has caused bad blood with the label and now Perhaps is up in the air.

Probably fake for some reasons, the first one is that the artwork is too good and that seems impossible at a GNR release nowadays and the second one why would they release something in November, they do not have tour dates and there are no plans for 2024 dates

To be fair, when tracks are posted on the database, it does come with the artwork which you can download in different sizes. Unfortunately, I can't check because I haven’t logged in for ages and I've lost my login now.  But if it was there, alot of people have access to it, and it'll have been posted more than once already.

It's more the fact that the information has come with the General/movie gossip, which is not information you can come across readily now unless you can go into it from the movie side of things where people may be more inclined to talk

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

This is the database

https://umgb2c.b2clogin.com

Any information would be through here

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Sigh.  How can they be so tone deaf on this stuff?  The leaks get people talking about your band and gives it free pub and generates interest in the product (and might lead to more ticket sales).

Instead they go with the usual response which will piss off a bunch of people.

I could almost understand them getting upset if they had some grand master plan and this somehow detailed that. But what are the chances of that? They’ve given us no inclination that there’s any means to an end here. We got two singles a few years back and the god damn physical release was like a year later and even that was delayed. If they were even the slightest bit open and honest or ever spoke aboit anything noteworthy, this shit probably wouldn’t happen. But everything is shrouded in secrecy, so this is what we get. And we don’t get upset. It’s not worth losing sleep over anymore. We all learned that long ago.

Sky Dog wrote:

Don’t worry….they are still working on Duff’s bass parts….lol

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
faldor wrote:

I could almost understand them getting upset if they had some grand master plan and this somehow detailed that. But what are the chances of that? They’ve given us no inclination that there’s any means to an end here. We got two singles a few years back and the god damn physical release was like a year later and even that was delayed. If they were even the slightest bit open and honest or ever spoke aboit anything noteworthy, this shit probably wouldn’t happen. But everything is shrouded in secrecy, so this is what we get. And we don’t get upset. It’s not worth losing sleep over anymore. We all learned that long ago.

Spot on.  I just laugh at them at this point.  It's really funny/weird how they seem to be in their own bizzaro world regarding this stuff.  The  secrecy stuff got old years ago.  And it isn't 1991 anymore.

I do find it dumb how they delete this stuff (live clips uploaded by fans etc..) that would help them in the long run.

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

Hilarious if True.

Months ago I left my home forum ,and my Mod account.

If this is truth,
It t only convinces me even more that it was the right thing to do.

Couso
 Rep: 1 

Couso wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Couso wrote:

It'll be nonsense.

Atlas would be listed on the database, if it was there would be more of a footprint on the Internet.

The movie soundtrack would have to track back to a personal conversation with Axl/Slash/Duff, management, or Sujata/Todd, and they do not talk. Being in the 'industry' gets you lite information on Perhaps and nothing more

Ok thanks….
I like  the artwork

Now we all wait to see if they actually release perhaps on Friday

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

Hilarious if True.

Months ago I left my home forum ,and my Mod account.

If this is truth,
It t only convinces me even more that it was the right thing to do.

Which forum?

arry
 Rep: 0 

arry wrote:

Perhaps someone can shoot me a PM?

Board footer