You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

James wrote:

When you run a Google search for the band’s name and the word “Perhaps” the first result you get is a video link.

For the fucking demo that they had taken down!

The second result is for the official video that they had taken down.

Yeah they completely screwed the pooch with the rollout of this song.

It's even worse than what happened with Hard School with the CD/Vinyl delay.

Then take into account they refuse to do real promotion for these songs...so it makes the Scooby Doo shit from the minions stick out even more.

Did anyone see this video? Lyric video?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I only saw a clip from a South American Twitter account and the art work just pulsed

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

the art work just pulsed

49936231.jpg

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The copyright claim thing is easier to have happen than people realise.

Once when I put a song out once I hired a third party distribution company that pushes your song out on all channels including youtube, they also automatically flag any detection of the song they didn't control/upload (i believe with bots) - you have to specifically whitelist sites for them to avoid/spare.

So rather than TB hunting for them and accidently hitting their own site in a frenzy, it's possible they just didn't think to manually record their own site as an exception to a program in the first place, probably because you'd think the offical channel wouldn't even be able to get a copyright strike against itself lol.

James

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The copyright claim thing is easier to have happen than people realise.

Once when I put a song out once I hired a third party distribution company that pushes your song out on all channels including youtube, they also automatically flag any detection of the song they didn't control/upload (i believe with bots) - you have to specifically whitelist sites for them to avoid/spare.

So rather than TB hunting for them and accidently hitting their own site in a frenzy, it's possible they just didn't think to manually record their own site as an exception to a program in the first place, probably because you'd think the offical channel wouldn't even be able to get a copyright strike against itself lol.

The problem with comparing it to normal things and giving passes is the fact we have a 17 year history of these people doing this shit.... manually.

They play whack a mole year in and year out with literally thousands of videos...fuck ups are guaranteed. It's probably not even the first time it's happened.

Having said that...

I'm not a YouTube expert. I don't know all the ins and outs...but I do know what I saw when I clicked on it.

James

James wrote:

Been listening to the FLAC since they can't get their shit together.

This is brutal at a high volume. Audiophiles will tear it apart.

On low...yeah it's serviceable.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I do find it funny that Slash’s contributions are *exactly* how Ron contributed to CD. Add a little lick to the chord progression to blues it up a little and take the solo.

I think in places Ron was trying to give it a bit more of a 'sleazy' vibe like the older songs. I think I remember him saying it about the way he added the licks to the title track.

I guess there's not much else to do, I mean the perhaps demo was fairly complete, and I dount they want to fully restructure the songs, so all they can really do is rock them up a little bit with licks and phrases here and there.

My only issue is when you look at what Slash normally contributes to the softer ballad type songs - Estranged, November Rain, Breakdown, Don't Cry and Yesterdays - then this solo he added was extremely minimal.

I mean it's fit for purpose and has some cool parts and nothing wrong with it, but you'd think he'd want to do a mesmerising solo to announce to the world they are back, and maybe as a low key proof that he never should have been gone hahaha...

But I guess he doesn't share these insecurities being the guitarist of his generation 21

I still think the song kicks ass overall though - very glad to have it - I like the "hey hey" "eyyyes" and stuff in classic Axl voice...it's so Axl...nice to have him back on my radio.

James

James wrote:
Mike McGann wrote:

I have not listened
To any demos or leaks
Since 2008.

It’s all new to me…
Perhaps, Atlas, State of Grace…
Never heard any.

No locker room leaks,
Zero.  It’s ALL new to me.
So…I’m excited!!!

Splash

/Mike

I missed this post....

Question...

Is part of the reason for missing out on leaks the fact you were mainly on HTGTH at the time and they always sheltered their community from info on leaks?

You should've joined years ago. I always liked you.  The way you could stay in Haiku character no matter what the topic was off the charts. I used to really get a kick out of it around 2004-05. Lost touch after leaving HTGTH the following year.

Someone else I miss from that period is ppbebe.

Edit

Another one...

Booker Floyd

I could laugh for days at him and davegnr2k's debates.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I still think the song kicks ass overall though - very glad to have it - I like the "hey hey" "eyyyes" and stuff in classic Axl voice...it's so Axl...nice to have him back on my radio.

As bungled as this whole thing has been (imagine that), I share this sentiment.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

The problem with comparing it to normal things and giving passes is the fact we have a 17 year history of these people doing this shit.... manually.

This.  I shit on them endlessly and this time it takes the cake.  Honestly, I couldn't think of any other way they could screw this up after the Jukebox thing.  They proved me wrong.  Can someone tell me one thing this "management group" does well?  You can't credit them for the tour (Livenation) or CD getting releaed (Azoff).

Board footer