You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

misterID wrote:

Cool. I’m happy for them. Even Fernando

I was listening to Melissa’s cover of Sorry and she really needs to be utilized more

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

People pointed out John5 being in the video. The guy is pretty social, so it's no surprise that he should know GNR, *but* I was looking through old notes and found this circa the "No Trickery" shows. No proof if it's true and NOT my words, just something I read:

Axl texted Josh Freese if he could talk to Bucket for him and to tell bucket to give him a call. Asked Josh if he knew any other guitar players, Josh said John5, and Axl said we auditioned with him but it didn't work out.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Mostly negative comments on YouTube in recent hours. People really do expect the band to be like AC/DC and just repeat Appetite for Destruction over and over for decades.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Cool. I’m happy for them. Even Fernando

I was listening to Melissa’s cover of Sorry and she really needs to be utilized more

Definitely.

She's the real secret weapon...not Fortus.

James

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

People pointed out John5 being in the video. The guy is pretty social, so it's no surprise that he should know GNR, *but* I was looking through old notes and found this circa the "No Trickery" shows. No proof if it's true and NOT my words, just something I read:

Axl texted Josh Freese if he could talk to Bucket for him and to tell bucket to give him a call. Asked Josh if he knew any other guitar players, Josh said John5, and Axl said we auditioned with him but it didn't work out.

Splat might remember something about this.

Gigger (Splat member) mentioned something about John 5 in the lead up to Hammerstein.

James

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Mostly negative comments on YouTube in recent hours. People really do expect the band to be like AC/DC and just repeat Appetite for Destruction over and over for decades.

The trolls are now going to steer the narrative.

It's a genuine hit...their first this century. The charts speak for themselves.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The trolls are now going to steer the narrative.

It's a genuine hit...their first this century. The charts speak for themselves.

Yeah, screw the haters. I'm glad we've gotten some movement on at least 4-5 songs in the vault so far (including Shadow of Your Love). Hopefully we continue to get more of them trickling out of the vault every couple years. Eventually we can have a big enough collection for a full album.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I think it's way too early to call this a hit. I can't see it getting anywhere near the radio play CD did in 2008 or Shadow did in 2018 (both #5 on the mainstream rock charts). Both Absurd and Hard Skool did well on the Itunes chart when they were released, if Perhaps is doing better it's probably because it's being promoted a hell of a lot more. From what I've seen Hard Skool had the better reception from casuals. This track is less accessible and will not resonate with everybody. People expressing dislike are not necessarily trolls.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

They have enough songs with vocals in storage to keep throwing them at the public, which is the basic recipe for success and staying in the public eye. Duff and Slash could record their parts even one song a week, to build up a stockpile.

The moment "Perhaps" shows signs of cooling, release "The General." So what if the vinyl doesn't ship until October. If they need a mid-tour boost, get this legendary track out there. All of us will be going batshit crazy, which the media, casual fans, and all of our family members/friends/co-workers will notice. This will also encourage all of the "GNR is BACK!!!" social media buzz.

The moment "Perhaps" shows signs of cooling, release "The General."

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

A lot of trolls doing this to all artists, tbh. There are disgruntled fans (lol) too, and people who don’t dig it. But the blabbermouth crowd has really morphed into something ugly. There are definitely a lot of trolls who do this

Board footer