You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events...

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don’t agree with term limits either. It should be up to the voter — and I think there are way more unqualified people in government who are relatively young than older members. If the voter wants them out, vote.

I honestly don’t see Biden calming anything down. If anything, he’s worse. Just as big of a liar. Trump was about antagonizing the press, Biden has fully pushed progressive social policies, like on the military (we have the lowest enlistment numbers in history under Biden) and continues to tout the “white supremacy” boogie man while ignoring hate crimes have risen against Jews and Asians by black perpetrators, but he doesn’t have the balls to admit it. He can’t take responsibility for anything. There’s been no move to improve healthcare, immigration, or crime, he takes credit for economic growth that’s actually just a Covid rebound — though any president would do that. I’ll always believe he fucked up the Afghanistan withdrawal just so he could make is 9/11 speech.

Biden, imo, is the worst president of my lifetime. This isn’t an endorsement for Trump, btw
EDIT: I’m wrong here, George W. Bush was the worst. Nothing could ever top the horror of the Iraq War

Biden's biggest job was to calm us all the fuck down. That's a big job.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I'm equal opportunity in terms of term limits.  There should be an age limit or something.  You want to serve a long time in Congress.  Get in early.   

As far as McConnell goes, as long as he's still lucid and there and functioning it's fine if he keeps on serving.  He's probably more damaging than Trump but he's done all within the laws etc.  It's not his fault he's outmanuevered the Democrats.   

Did anyone mention the Menendez stuff where he got caught with 480k in his house.  NJ politicans are sleazy.  Water is wet.  They belong in a group with Chicago, Louisiana as sort of the areas/states where corruption seems to be prevalent for decades maybe centuries.

The problem with term limits in my opinion has always been that it takes responsibility away from the voter.

You wanna talk about victomhood? Voters who don’t trust themselves to the point that they need to create rules based on age is deflecting responsibility.

I don't buy this reasoning.

It's not easy getting incumbents out of office. They become entrenched in the system...and they unite with one another and fight to the death to keep each other in.

A simple vote alone cannot compete with that.

A good example this last election is that house race in Texas. Pelosi herself actually flew down to Texas to specifically rally and support a pro-life candidate...during an election the DNC pretended to have a conniption fit over the abortion issue. Better to risk having a pro-life incumbent than pro-choice new blood. Yes...a woman who screams from the highest mountain about a woman's right to choose backs incumbents against abortion.

These people are parasites....that need term limits.

Of course it isn't easy....it shouldn't be easy....change shouldn't be easy. It shouldn't be like a trip to your local grocery store.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

And the dude failed big time lol

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Tupacs alleged shooter has been arrested for Pacs murder in 96. Keefe D, he has talked about it in interviews before it's common knowledge he was in the car.

Nevere thought I'd live to see the day

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

And the dude failed big time lol

How do? Today is a perfect example…the government averted a shutdown with significant chunks of democrats and republicans closer to the center and the extremes were ignored.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This had nothing to do with Biden. If you think anything is calmer under this guy then I don’t know what to say.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Well…nothing will calm the MAGAs except trump being back in charge and congress, the DOJ, FBI, and CIA all dissolved.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Why are you posting something from 18 months ago?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I'm not sure how anyone could think that things aren't calmer now that an actual adult, Joe Biden is in charge.  The more you read about the stuff during the Trump admin, the more you think the real adults in that admin held things together from Trump.

And McCarthy got voted out as speaker in the past few hours.  Sorry, GOP.  That's your MAGA monster that you created, now you have to deal with it.

Board footer