You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The General confirmed next

misterID wrote:

There’s no doubt Axl lurked here and Mygnr

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

I was banned of MyGNR Forum years ago and i can´t activate a new account due to ask for leaks via PM. I was active during the years of Madison, she was treated very bad by Axl but don´t remember the reasons. It was like a dictatorship and i was interested in doing my doctor tesis based on that comunity. I asked for permission and it was rejected. It was very toxic and i think there were people with mental issues and a lot of power in that obscure world so i decided to keep away just looking sometimes for news....

carlossacanell

I meet Jarmo from HTGTH in a concert here in Spain. I presented myself and asked him for a vip pass to meet the guys in 2011. He knew my critics to Axl during that time and rejected. I explained him that my brother (he was with me in that concert) had a terminal cancer and that was his dream... for him that wasn´t a reason. It was more important my critics in the forum so he declined. I enjoyed the concert with my brother who finally died a year later. Sad story.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

I meet Jarmo from HTGTH in a concert here in Spain. I presented myself and asked him for a vip pass to meet the guys in 2011. He knew my critics to Axl during that time and rejected. I explained him that my brother (he was with me in that concert) had a terminal cancer and that was his dream... for him that wasn´t a reason. It was more important my critics in the forum so he declined. I enjoyed the concert with my brother who finally died a year later. Sad story.

I am really sad to hear that. Your brother was lucky to have you as a sibling. Hopefully the memories you shared of the concert make up for how thoughtlessly you were treated.

Anyway, as you have seen this place is pretty open-minded. People disagree at times but there is honesty and that means a lot.

carlossacanell

ClaudeF wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

I am really sad to hear that. Your brother was lucky to have you as a sibling. Hopefully the memories you shared of the concert make up for how thoughtlessly you were treated.

Anyway, as you have seen this place is pretty open-minded. People disagree at times but there is honesty and that means a lot.

I know. This place is totally different. Anyway, It doesn't matter all i've said. All experiences make you better person. I don't regret of being part of that comunity...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That is one fucked up story.

It's a perfect example of why I never bothered asking for passes in 2017 even though it had been years since letting them know how I feel about their perks.

I wasn't gonna give them the satisfaction of saying no to me.  They know who I am...and I had posted pictures in the past.

I was invited to hang out with Adler on one of his solo tours...which I now regret not doing. I could've gotten high with him...but skipped the show because I didn't want to share my Oxy and wanted to buy more Oxy with the money I would've wasted in the bay area going to the show.

As a fellow addict...he would've understood my position.  22

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

In jarmos defense, I don’t know how much pull he had to have done that. I’ve heard he’s a pretty nice guy irl

James

James wrote:
Longtime2 wrote:

I had to start a new account, but years ago,  I used to post on here w/o the 2 in my handle. (Never could get it reset.)

The forum had a glitch years ago where it doesn't do a reset if you had been gone a lengthy amount of time without logging in.

Welcome back.

I sincerely hope that Slash & Duff have been forbidden to even go near The General or any of the "Big Guns." I'm looking forward to having similar closure that others have mentioned, but it's bittersweet

Forbidden to go near them?

They are the only reason we are getting them. CD II...PRL...Legend of the Red Panda...or whatever the fuck you want to call it...was NEVER coming out.

I understand wanting to hear the 2001-2 and 2006-7 material that could've been the follow-up...but I don't understand those who seem to act like we were getting it but Slash and Duff came back and stole it out from under us.

If Slash says no to adding his soy sauce on the Chinese leftovers, the last two songs would be Shadow and the 2022 mix of NR.

Edit

Yes the whole thing is bittersweet...but I'll take the songs with Slash and Duff on them rather than wait for a hoarder to die and a wife/brother/uncle/friend sells a disc on eBay or uploads their crap to SoundCloud.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

In jarmos defense, I don’t know how much pull he had to have done that. I’ve heard he’s a pretty nice guy irl

I agree.

Not saying I necessarily doubt his story...but the order likely came from higher up the totem pole.

Tortilla_Man

Tortilla_Man wrote:

Does The General still have an online release date coming up

How long til a hoarder cracks , and sells low

I think I was the first to see the 7", I saw the merch psge as it was being built on the site.
Just 7" and blue triangle shirt first time.
Almost died laughing the 2nd time when I saw the 8 Balls for sale
I was actually searching official GNR for Perhaps and coming up empy.
Then a post for the 7" popped up out of nowhere
I must be the chosen one 
Bow down, feed me grapes , woman, and co - caine  lol

Happy day. The General on Vinyl
and ya don't to wait til next year for the 7"
But now almost have to buy the stupid eightball with the Vinyl,  to dress up the box,
and 3D the whole sordid affair lol

As always,
"this is the last gnr thang I will eva buy". ..... til next 7" lol

Board footer