You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: The General confirmed next

tejastech08 wrote:

Here's an archived version of the web page in case the original page gets deleted. Never know with this band, so it's worth archiving it.

https://archive.ph/pGqnU

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

What's to stop them from releasing an album now?   If you assume they can release 2 more CD reheated leftover tracks.  That makes 6 and you can basically pad it out with whatever fucking live version of whatever classic songs you want.  Basically Lies in the 21st century.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

This should be the big news not the Perhaps fuck up..

I agree in spirit.

On the other hand...this is a different world. The world of 2023 doesn't know or care about the history of this mythical track.

Being tossed on as a B side feels like a nod to us hardcores...which is shocking in itself.

It may also be unconventional...or vocals he can't do anymore. Bury it as a B side and the stadium crowds won't even expect it.

This one we don't have a real completed song to compare it with.

I know this sounds crazy coming from me...

I do not want to hear the original before getting to digest the new version.

But yeah ..that will be leaking at some point.

So is Oklahoma the last big gun?

Almost.

Oklahoma
Soul Monster

Then there's stuff like Seven, Thyme, etc.

I only need the two above after The General and I'm good....it's closure on the saga.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

This is like the most biploar band ever.  I could bash them for 4-5 different things.  And then they do these things that they shouldn't be doing if they are on cruise control (like playing long deep cuts and playing close to 2.5 hours -3 concerts).  And you get a video today and an epic song that has been talked about for years.

This is just a really long winded way of saying it's a good day to be a GNR fan.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

What's to stop them from releasing an album now?   If you assume they can release 2 more CD reheated leftover tracks.  That makes 6 and you can basically pad it out with whatever fucking live version of whatever classic songs you want.  Basically Lies in the 21st century.

That's kind of all I wanted from them is to release enough songs over time that the fans can put together an album themselves if they wish to do it. We now have 4 singles (14 minutes of music) released from 2018 to now, apparently with a 5th song on the way in The General. We are creeping up on a 8-song collection that could be labeled an album.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Zodiac
Oklahoma/Berlin
Soulmonster
Atlas
Seven
Thyme
Quicksong

Those are the remaining songs that we heard about for years and years since the late 90s and 00s. It would be great for them all to be finally released.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Zodiac
Oklahoma/Berlin
Soulmonster
Atlas
Seven
Thyme
Quicksong

Those are the remaining songs that we heard about for years and years since the late 90s and 00s. It would be great for them all to be finally released.

The "bucket list" of the fandom.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

It may also be unconventional...or vocals he can't do anymore. Bury it as a B side and the stadium crowds won't even expect it

I think that might be why. From what we know about the song, it's possibly very dark and about child abuse etc. Also is meant to have a long intro and I think was originally a song Brain (and Bucket?) brought in. So, possibly very not "accessible" for casuals.

It may be the case that out of what they have left Perhaps and Atlas are the most radio friendly. Makes sense then for Atlas to be kept back for the last batch.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They’re definitely going the Billy Idol route and releasing singles two at a time instead of an album. Universal was shutting down Quicksong vids. Might be a coincidence but I hope it’s a sign they’re gonna release the rest of the songs

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Still not sure i'll believe it till i hear it lol. Good news though

Board footer