You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: The General confirmed next

Somone liking a mix or master is completely subjective. There are parts of CD I think work great and others where the I think the demos sounded better, overall however whilst i love that it's not a loudness war album there's no doubt Tommy got buried way too much in the mix. Compare the album CD to the versions of it in the locker leaks and there is no contest. But then album versions of Better I think are great, so it's disjointed.

However there is nothing on the album that sounds as badly mixed n mastered as Hardskool or Absurd to my ears. Perhaps is an improvement over those two but not as much as the album.

If these songs ever do work there way on to an album they will probably have to be new mixes

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah if they're compiling these songs into an EP/LP, they will all have to be remixed or we're looking at a complete disaster.

Listen to the three back to back. No way does that work as is on an album together.

Shacklermyrye

James wrote:

Yeah if they're compiling these songs into an EP/LP, they will all have to be remixed or we're looking at a complete disaster.

Listen to the three back to back. No way does that work as is on an album together.

Yeah that's my reasoning. Absurd and Hardskool mix's are not to my liking but they kind of work together. However neither work when you slot them along side Perhaps at all.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Are you saying this for displaying your 16" Kenwood here?

Shacklermyrye

Miguelox26 wrote:

Erm....What?

I don't display my 16" Also I have never called my wood ken

James

James wrote:
Miguelox26 wrote:

Nope...had it for eons but never mentioned it until your hi-fi post.

Will likely never mention it again.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

When is supposed to leak TG? What do u think

Sky Dog wrote:

Hold on….let me get my crystal ball out!!!

Shacklermyrye

carlossacanell wrote:

When is supposed to leak TG? What do u think

LndlYnA
At this point I doubt an earlier version will leak, an early leak of the version we are getting will probably happen in the next 4 weeks.
If the 7" is despatched in 4 weeks then they are probably being pressed now. All it takes is for one of those to fall off the back of a truck and be ripped and uploaded.

James

James wrote:

All it takes is for one of those to fall off the back of a truck and be ripped and uploaded.

Yeah...I look forward to the Mob leaking The General. 16

Board footer