You are not logged in. Please register or login.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

Re: The General confirmed next

harmon420 wrote:

I'm flooded with nostalgia seeing some of these userenames. Great to see you all again.

Phrozeninfuego
 Rep: 1 

Bill Brasky wrote:
Phrozeninfuego wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Wtf!? Is it 2004 again?

Nothing beats the 2004-2008 forum era 9 .. ( or who knows maybe there will be more leaks or actual album releases)

Holy crap your alive. Longtime no see bro. Hope your well.

If bloodyrose shows up then it's party.

Nice seeing u too smile all is good. Anyone know if bp (cd.com owner) still posts at forums?
And has the full vma rehearsal leaked yet?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Phrozeninfuego wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Wtf!? Is it 2004 again?

Nothing beats the 2004-2008 forum era 9 .. ( or who knows maybe there will be more leaks or actual album releases)

Even if the rest of the vault leaked, it could never come close to how amazing that period was.

2005 was the peak of GNR forums...kinda funny since it was a dead year band wise. Each main forum had thousands of active members.

2006 was massive too. The decline started quickly.

The 2005 community deserved the Village Leaks and the 2006 community deserved the skwerl leak.

HTGTH was the best site on the entire net in the early-mid 2000s. It was so massive it had hundreds of active users who weren't even GNR fans.

BP is gone. No reason to stick around. He already had all the songs and wasn't the type who got off on rubbing it in people's faces.

Whatever happened to your friend Mr. Brownstone from CD.com? That dude just disappeared.

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

younggunner wrote:

BP and I took the train to go see VR's first show in NYC. Good times.
Lost touch with him. Didn't he move to Greece?

James, HTGtH was great during that time. So many heated debates. Wild times.
I remember Beta randomly messaging me on two occasions .

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
James wrote:
Phrozeninfuego wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Wtf!? Is it 2004 again?

Even if the rest of the vault leaked, it could never come close to how amazing that period was.

2005 was the peak of GNR forums...kinda funny since it was a dead year band wise. Each main forum had thousands of active members.

2006 was massive too. The decline started quickly.

The 2005 community deserved the Village Leaks and the 2006 community deserved the skwerl leak.

HTGTH was the best site on the entire net in the early-mid 2000s. It was so massive it had hundreds of active users who weren't even GNR fans.

Yep. Pretty much all of this.

Why the band didn’t release the album in 2006 when they had such great momentum going, I’ll never understand.

And yeah, HTGTH was THE forum if you were a GN’R fan. That is until Jarmo turned completely anti Slash, and tried to hide discussions about him away in sub forums. Hell, even discussions about GN’R and CD were being neutered and removed if you said the wrong thing…

Most of all, its so bizarre to me that Slash is back and Jarmo is still in the GN’R inner circle. If I was Jarmo I’d be embarrassed to be there after talking so much shit about him for years.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

GNR forums and community are really like the Mafia. There's no getting out. The band will always find a way to pull us back in. Even if just for a moment.

James

James wrote:
younggunner wrote:

James, HTGtH was great during that time. So many heated debates. Wild times.
I remember Beta randomly messaging me on two occasions .

I don't remember Beta being there at that time. Weird. My memory ain't what it used to be.

Mysteron was the big enchilada in the 2000s. Went quite a few rounds with him although we generally got along.

Fun fact (that you may already know):

Mysteron was an account shared by two people. We found this out many years later. It explained why he liked me half the time and didn't know who I was the other half. 16 Don't remember exactly who but one was a journalist.

tried to hide discussions about him away in sub forums. Hell, even discussions about GN’R and CD were being neutered and removed if you said the wrong thing…

Back around 2015 or so I got high and was in the mood for memory lane. I remembered this long crazy debate with ppbebe that went on for pages and days back in early 2006.

It was no longer there.

While there were various interactions with her still on the forum, that discussion was definitely gone and my post count looked different too (lower).

It was a discussion over that Slash-Beta-Axl-Weiland fiasco. I guess it's no surprise that it's gone.

James

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Nesquick

He joined here under a different name a few years ago. I don't remember the name.

He's also at mygnr bur I also don't remember that name. 16

He used to get a LOT of shit... including from me...much of it probably undeserved.

He was just a quirky guy with a Fortus fetish.

Shacklermyrye wrote:

For all the band & management mess ups they for sure have got better slowing down leaks. Song wise there's been nothing major of note since 2019. Wonder if they looked into who else may have storage lockers out there.

It's not the band/TB impacting leaks. It's the fact that the hoarders are keeping it in their circle and when they aren't....they're selling...not leaking.

younggunner

younggunner wrote:

Pretty sure Nesquick was regular at HTGTH.

Why did the GNFR forum shut down? One day it was gone.

KV pm me.

younggunner

younggunner wrote:

What are everyone's expectations of The General?

Board footer