You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The next GNR album: Current known state of songs

misterID wrote:

I think TIL is the best track to rerecord as it goes back to the 95 album. I like Slash’s solo on it live

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think TIL is the best track to rerecord as it goes back to the 95 album. I like Slash’s solo on it live

Slash’s solos on it this tour have been great. Coming into his own on that one.

TWAT also has been one where Slash has played very focused and honors the one on the album.

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:

The absolute best thing to do with this mess and the band in general is to put out an album, as quickly as humanly possible titled "Chinese leftovers" with a picture of half eaten Chinese meals on the cover. Just throw out the complete (ish) songs as a numbered album, then put everything (And I mean everything) else there is in a folder on the album and let the fans have at it. Then everyone gets what they want. Buckethead fans get every solo he worked on, Brian May fans get their versions and we can finally hear all the classic tracks like Oklahoma, The General, State of Grace, Soul Monster, Atlas Shrugged, Thyme etc. Any of the actual songs good enough to be played live can be added to the playlist for the never ending tour. This policy of dripping out the old material at such a slow rate is as excrutiating as the process of waiting for the album to be released was in the first place.

The band themselves can them close that chapter and move on, creating a new album that releases within the next 6 months.

And the Chinese material is then permanently deleted so Axl can no longer work on it. We don't need a 2038 remix of Silkworms.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

“Chinese Leftovers” would be perfect!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I always preferred "reheated Peking Duck" mainly because I've been saying it for 15 years...or "rice already cooked" said in Henry Lee's voice.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It’s a shame he never did anything with Stay of Execution or Honor of Thieves

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Especially next to Spaghetti Incident!

I suspect a couple of tracks are being held back to give the next album a head start, if that's the plan.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Don't remember Honor of Thieves.

I'll go to my grave saying Stay of Execution was one final lackluster and disingenuous swing for the fences with "the second half of Chinese" but even he knew it wasn't happening as he already had champagne wishes and caviar dreams of the reunion at that point.

This is why it was buried just as quickly as it surfaced. He couldn't even fool himself with that one.

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:
misterID wrote:

“Honor of Thieves” was to be his autobiography. Did he say it was a possibility as an album title, too?

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Especially next to Spaghetti Incident!

Brilliant!

Board footer