You are not logged in. Please register or login.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

Re: The General and Monsters

harmon420 wrote:
James wrote:

No offense to those involved in that discussion...I love you all....but it's time to move on from that. No one is gonna budge from their position. No need for the insults either.

Is Claude still MIA? I've been gone for a couple days. Is he going to be surprised when he comes back.

Sent Bri an email. He's been gone since Hard School.

Wish you'd send one to buzzsaw too. I know I'm in the minority, but I enjoyed his posts, son.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Scabbie wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Any chance this thread could be discussion about the actual songs/music rather than arguments about who leaked what?

Yes please, I feel there should be a separate section for this type of stuff.

yeah discord or badapples

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Clear wrote:

I was wondering, I'm in the war room, but are there any other important gnr discords?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

It's funny, Monsters is a more immediately "catchy" song, but after several listens The General has definitely grown on me to the point where I think I prefer it. I really like the off-kilter, horror movie sound.

Me too.

I love the "rant" part of monsters in scream voice, but there's not a lot of song to go with it - just kinda a little bit of a rap chorus. I mean I like it but it gets old quick waiting for that part each listen.  I think the high parts of The General are more haunting. It's funny too as on first listen the general didn't really work for me, but now I really like it.

I think it needed a "breakdown" or "locomotive" style outro though. Like slash seems to be warming up to something right when it ends.

I love the scream/solo bit, that's dead good. Though I do wish that Axl had written a second verse with different lyrics instead of doing his "just repeat the first verse and chorus twice, whack in a solo, job's a good 'un" thing. He's done that on a couple of recent songs.

Monsters might be by favorite Axl rap 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Welcome Cliff.

people died without ever listening to what could have been released when they were alive.

Absolutely. I immediately thought of this when listening to both tracks that first day...how old forum friends like Tommie, Robman, EFISH, and God knows who else had waited years just praying to hear a clip of one of these big guns but died before getting the chance.

It makes me despise the hoarding crap a hell of a lot more than I used to. How many extra years do these people need to get off on having something other fans don't? Why wasn't 10-15 years enough? Some have had it longer. Is there some magic number of years where peak orgasm is reached?

Brodie/Live Free is currently in a coffin with his hoard.

Wish you'd send one to buzzsaw too. I know I'm in the minority, but I enjoyed his posts, son.

He literally begged me to ban him.... then cussed me out for banning him..came back....begged me to ban him again....I banned him.

The story ends there.

For the record...I always liked him too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

After listening to them more the past couple says, that bass tone on Monsters really does have the Duff vibe. Was hard to tell at first. Wasn't as noticeable as Hard School.

The General is wacky. This song should not have been sat on for 20 years. It didn't warrant the hype it received but in all fairness to them, a lot of the hype for this specific song was generated by the fan base itself.

I'd like to hear it without the vocal effects... especially on that chorus.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

James wrote:

After listening to them more the past couple says, that bass tone on Monsters really does have the Duff vibe. Was hard to tell at first. Wasn't as noticeable as Hard School.

The General is wacky. This song should not have been sat on for 20 years. It didn't warrant the hype it received but in all fairness to them, a lot of the hype for this specific song was generated by the fan base itself.

I'd like to hear it without the vocal effects... especially on that chorus.

In a way i guess we could blame Beltrami, it was he who spoke about it first on his forum in 2002/3 and then to IGN. I know we knew there was a song about child abuse but we didn't know what it was called back then. 20 fuckin years...jesus christ

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

So far the only big gun that is not a major disappointment. Nothing can live up to hype, but this is a great song. On average I think the unreleased tracks are better than what we got on CD. What a disaster that album was.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:

Welcome Cliff.

people died without ever listening to what could have been released when they were alive.

Absolutely. I immediately thought of this when listening to both tracks that first day...how old forum friends like Tommie, Robman, EFISH, and God knows who else had waited years just praying to hear a clip of one of these big guns but died before getting the chance.

It makes me despise the hoarding crap a hell of a lot more than I used to. How many extra years do these people need to get off on having something other fans don't? Why wasn't 10-15 years enough? Some have had it longer. Is there some magic number of years where peak orgasm is reached?

Here is the thing, hearing some of these songs it makes you wonder if the reason they have not leaked is bc they are not very good and the haorders dont want to give that away so they can keep making money off of them.

Its bad enough they hoard these songs but its even worse they sell them.

Have any of the so called big guns ever been that great?
This I love was rubbish.
Prostitute was average at best
The General is think is terrible overall.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:

Welcome Cliff.

Here is the thing, hearing some of these songs it makes you wonder if the reason they have not leaked is bc they are not very good and the haorders dont want to give that away so they can keep making money off of them.

Its bad enough they hoard these songs but its even worse they sell them.

Have any of the so called big guns ever been that great?
This I love was rubbish.
Prostitute was average at best
The General is think is terrible overall.

There's a finite number of nerds like you and I or those willing to drop small fortunes on tracks. If I've learned anything about this fanbase, it's that once mutual benefits cease, people go into business for themselves. I would bet more than these fuckers are charging for a song, one of these 'hoarders' is going to have their id and ego get the best of them. Not to sound cruel, but Live! Free's hoard is doing him a lot of good now. The Beatles just released a track, so Chinese Democracy starts now? Soon might be the word....relatively.

Board footer