You are not logged in. Please register or login.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Re: The General and Monsters

Blackstar wrote:

It's already out in New Zealand and Australia. Credits from youtube about who is playing on it and production/mixing (the "The General and Monsters" credits from SESAC were about who wrote it).

https://i.servimg.com/u/f97/20/05/33/00/the_ge12.jpg

Some surprises here. Brain's friend Marc "Mirv" Haggard (one of his two friends he co-wrote The General and Seven with) is on the track and they also kept Pitman on it.

But the biggest surprise is that Caram is that they kept Caram's mix, even though Perhaps was mixed by someone else (Joe Barresi). I suppose this is an old mix from 2-3 years ago, but I would expect that there would be at least some consistency for the two sides of the vinyl.

No one has upload the New Zelanda & Australia final mixes yet?

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Almost four hours left in my country

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

axl It’s pretty obvious the leaks were final mixes. It’s funny…..if you don’t like it, then it’s a demo! LOL

Only in GNR La La Land!

I wish I thought it was funny.

Obviously it's not a demo...it's been officially released as a finished song.

For any band not named GNR, this would be considered an unfinished song with a very rough mix. It would not be released in this quality.

The lyrics feel unfinished, the song just fizzles out, and the mix is amateur hour.

Imagine Pink Floyd releasing any of their epics in this quality. The idea of such a thing so ludicrous and far out it might as well exist in the Hubble Deep Field.

Listen to The General tonight on YouTube/Spotify and then listen to this....a 40+ year old song remixed by someone who knows what they are doing...

I don't want to complain too much for two reasons...

They released the damn thing... finally. They deserve kudos for that alone. They could've sat on this song until doomsday.

This is nothing new...it's par for the course. All these leftovers have issues. They literally couldn't compile these tracks as is on an album. Doing so would require an actual professional to come in and do a brand new mix....a spit shine over the shit shine.

It's not even about the quality of the song(s) at this point...it's about the quality of the mix(es). Obviously a lot of hardcores really like The General and/or the others. They just don't sound very good. Period. This isn't whining or bitching...it's a simple fact.

carlossacanell wrote:

How can 'the perfectonist' Axl let this song go out with that poor quality in the mix?

Answer: He's not a perfectionist. Never was, never will be.

furly06
 Rep: 0 

furly06 wrote:

Almost 30 minutes left in my country

James

James wrote:

VoodooChild just posted this...

The General

image.png.5a318ec464df3a06e133c62a100e59ad.png

Embarrassing.

The audiophile forums...if they give a shit... will have a field day with this.

furly06
 Rep: 0 

furly06 wrote:

From me it came out now, how can I send the images that I saved in the pc? The cover is pretty cool.

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

younggunner wrote:
James wrote:

VoodooChild just posted this...

The General

https://content.invisioncic.com/r160939 … 0e59ad.png

Embarrassing.

The audiophile forums...if they give a shit... will have a field day with this.

Just reiterates what I said the other day in that they dont have much input and or dont care. While he may throwing us a bone, they are essentially mailing it in. I saw a comment from Duff the other day intimating that he has no clue about The General being released etc. While he did say he may be playing possum, i tend to think he and Slash dont really care about the day to day of gnr. Its Axls show.

The faster they release the remaining Chinese leftovers, the better. Sad how this all turned out. The General could have been an epic with a little basic effort.

Sky Dog wrote:

Compare the latest Stones album to Sticky Fingers or Exile On Main Street? Same shit for Guns. These guys will never recapture the past….The Who?

These type of rock bands don’t get better with age.

Most of this board is 100% unrealistic.

Even my boy James, give me some numbers on Soundgarden’s last record. You just can’t recapture that ‘it’ factor like these bands had in the early 90’s.

It is what it is….you guys are arguing about a few songs that were written 20 years ago!

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Compare the latest Stones album to Sticky Fingers or Exile On Main Street? Same shit for Guns. These guys will never recapture the past….The Who?

Even my boy James, give me some numbers on Soundgarden’s last record. You just can’t recapture that ‘it’ factor

It is what it is….you guys are arguing about a few songs that were written 20 years ago!

I wasn't referring to the quality of the actual material. Obviously none of these ancient bands are going to be as good as they were back in the day.  That Stones album isn't Sticky Fingers...hell it's not even Steel Wheels.

The new Stones album does sound better than these leftovers...

Soundgarden...

Here's a couple that destroy these leftovers...in both song and mixing quality.

Would you rather have Adam Kasper and Joe Barresi handling leftovers...or Caram and Axl?

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

younggunner wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Even my boy James, give me some numbers on Soundgarden’s last record. You just can’t recapture that ‘it’ factor like these bands had in the early 90’s.

Not asking/expecting them to recapture their hey day. I just think the production of The General could have been better with a little more effort.

Board footer