You are not logged in. Please register or login.

MrMojoRa
 Rep: 0 

Re: The General and Monsters

MrMojoRa wrote:
Couso wrote:

This just in… my own personal ratings for the new songs

Perhaps - fucking great
Hard skool - fucking great
The general - good but not my fave
Monsters - one of the best things they have ever done so help me Jesus it’s awesome so it is!
Absurd- sucks the sweat off of a dead man’s balls

MINE

Perhaps - fucking great
Hard skool - Meh. Has anthem rock feel. Needs the original intro.
The general - fucking great
Monsters - HISTORICAL
Absurd- like it

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I like the effects on Axl's voice, good choice. But I am noticing the production now. Something keeps popping high in the mix like little drum beats or whatever. I don't know if that's supposed to be there? Sounds really weird if it is. Sounds bad.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The song has a grand total of 33k views on YouTube.

It's now at 38k...

Dm7MaI.gif

James

James wrote:

Looks like the audiophiles aren't even gonna bother dissecting the track this time...

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ … l.1190178/

bucetlicker

bucetlicker wrote:

Ok i've looked everywhere for the monsters and i cant find it on the internet at all, it's been scrubbed everywhere.

Someone hook me up please (DM ME)

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

The "official audio" video has 196k views so far.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I've come to actually dislike the intro/main lead. It's creepy but in a Halloween, slasher film way. Cool, but inappropriate for the lyrical content of the song.

James

James wrote:
bucetlicker wrote:

Ok i've looked everywhere for the monsters and i cant find it on the internet at all, it's been scrubbed everywhere.

youve-got-mail

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Some sort of "influencer" may have spread it somewhere. That's a hefty jump for them so quickly.

bucetlicker

bucetlicker wrote:
James wrote:
bucetlicker wrote:

https://i.chzbgr.com/full/9686751744/hF … e-got-mail

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Some sort of "influencer" may have spread it somewhere. That's a hefty jump for them so quickly.

bucket LEGEND!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The more I listen, I love the lyrics, the awesome vocal melody and the spooky guitar.

If I want to find problems I would note that all of these new songs had a lot of repeats. They are all awesome song concepts that feel a touch unfinished somehow, and I think its that they all feel like they need a new 3rd verse or something of that nature.

General for instance feels like the build up part of one of Axl's epics. But it doesn't complete. Hell, Slash sounds like he's just getting warmed up to go nuts when it ends, I think it needed a huge guitar outro whole Axl kept up with those screamy bits in the background...

It's like NR if it didn't have the two slash solos or the outro, or breadown with out the outro, or locomotive if it was just 1 verse. Basically I think what is there is awesome but it feels incomplete. I wonder if Axl felt this too and that's why these songs were held over so many years - waiting for an idea that never came? Maybe not too though.

Anyways despite my bitching I do enjoy all this new music, and i'm so glad he's finally sharing things again.

Board footer