You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The General and Monsters

Sky Dog wrote:

Monkeychow,

Hendrix wrote the lyrics, put together the musical arrangements, sang, and played a wicked guitar. There is a reason people like Clapton, Townshend, McCartney, Dylan, etc worship the guy. He released 3 albums in 67-68 that were all off the radar good. Band of Gypsy’s would have been great as well. He died….arghhh.

Just put in Machine Gun, headphones and take that trip…..if 6 Was 9….Third Stone From The Sun….crazy killer psychedelic blues.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Only rival vocally for Axl back in the day was Cornell.

Sky Dog wrote:

Monkeychow, Axl and Kurt couldn’t sniff or hold Jimi Hendrix’s jock. Hendrix is on a whole other level.

Hendrix might be the most tragic music death of all....he was literally just getting started.

I don't remember the details but before the end, he briefly wanted to do some type of supergroup with Paul McCartney and Miles Davis.

Imagine that timeline.

Sky Dog wrote:

Agree on Cornell….in hindsight, he was consistently better. Axl would admit that.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Axl was the definitive hard rock singer! He was able to sing entire paragraphs with that timbre and modulate and sustain without transition, he modulated his voice as if he were an interctor. Neither Tayler, nor Plant, not even Mercury had a performance with those vocal resources. Regardless of tastes or preferences, you have to be aware of that; Axl was the definitive hard rock singer, and I'm talking about live shows, in the studio he broke records! That's the bar to surpass! Without fanaticism and with good vibes, greetings!

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

I remember the performances shared with other singers and everyone turned pale before him, Axldc was another raise of the bar and he was already older! Alien!

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Probably the ACDC era was too much effort for him and now he is singing in the way he is doung It.
But i'm agree that he did It incredible

Sky Dog wrote:

AC/DC likely blew his voice out….he hasn’t been the same with Guns since then.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

In Guns I think he mostly chooses not to. With AC/DC he had to perform and gave his all.

Sky Dog wrote:

True….glad I got to see Axl/DC and NITL within months of each other. It was as good as it gets for me which is why I am lukewarm on any future shows. Always up for any type of new music, but live is done for me.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Yes, I'm glad to see Axl in 2010/11 tour with a great  voice and a great line up. Before i saw them in 1993, 2007 and this last 2011 concert in Barcelona. That concert was gold

Board footer