You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: The General and Monsters

dave-gnfnr wrote:

for all the people looking for links, its on youtube, just do the general guns n roses

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

According to Brain, Bucket leaving wasn’t the bullying it was that they wouldn’t release the album

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:

According to Brain, Bucket leaving wasn’t the bullying it was that they wouldn’t release the album

Did BH also quit because of the cancelled tour Axl pretended he didnt know about? He got sick of Axl not being able to complete a tour as well.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

Alright Nikoslash, get your ass to work, I'm ready for Slash's Monsters lead tab.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I am just glad all this stuff is coming out.

Me too.

We're finally rounding 3rd and headed for home.

One more leak of the right tracks would do it.

baseball-sliding-into-third.gif

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

For anyone who's keeping score.... about 20 or so listens in on the general. I dig it as an avante garde ode to Dio and Axl's heavy metal influences. Decent track. Definitely a grower type track. I wouldn't put it on my work out playlist.

I'm at least 50 listens on Monsters. To fit in with the pattern of lunacy, I've come full circle in my quite sound system of carbon dating. That's definitely Slash. If it's not Slash, then Robin or Richard have acheived black belt in imitating Slash's tone and signatures. This should have been the reunion lead single followed by something safe, like Hard Skool(minus the school bell).

Even after getting these satisfying tracks.....My appetite for the Beaven and RTB takes intensifies. As much as Monsters turns me on, I still want to here that staccato like take Bucket does on the cell phone clip. The Village sessions are the true holy grail of the Chinese saga. I'd love to have the other half. Dragon with vox and Quiksong would top the list. But if we thought the general was in that cell clip and we're debating Soul Monster and Me and My Elvis, maybe I've already heard them.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

The general;The gloomy melody is very black sabbat, it also reminds me of the central melody of the movie Lord of Salem by Rob Zombie, when Axl sings, can someone help me, it sounds like a fucking coven and the high notes it reaches at the end elegantly reminds me of Robert plant!, avant-garde, sickly and a full-fledged cock jerk! magnificent!

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:

Can someone pm me with a link to the songs, they have been deleted from my phone, I don't know what has happened

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Clear wrote:

https://genius.com/Guns-n-roses-monsters-lyrics
New take on lyrics, what do you think?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I just realised this release makes it more logical that Slash didn't know exactly how many songs he worked on....like was this one or two. It also fits with his comment that that some of them were epic - love or hate it this song was certainly arty in scope. Like they are matching mood pieces and not just a quick little formula rocker or something. Makes sense.

So we ticked off Absurd, Hardschool, Perhaps, General and Monsters.

I almost believe that's all they did given it's 5.

I sort of hope they will finish the set with Atlas and State of Grace...just cos Axl vocals should not go to waste, and hell maybe re-work the remaining parts of "eye on you" - give it the absurd treatment to make it rocky from rappy, but that sounds like 8 songs and slash didn't say that many....hey i'm just glad we've had anything. It makes a nice little EP.

Board footer