You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The General and Monsters

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

It’s 2 songs imo….subject matter is completely different….General is about child abuse and Monsters is about Seymour….again, just my opinion.

I agree.

They may link them for whatever reason but they were clearly two different songs at some point.

I don't know how anyone watches any of that GNR YouTube content. Pure garbage. You couldn't pay me to watch it.

I'd actually prefer it not be promoted here.

Stuff like shackler's SoundCloud/YouTube channel is perfectly fine or other Evo member accounts but the stuff like mentioned above is pure hogwash.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Where in the hell is Claude? Dude was ready to sell his soul for The General and Soul Monster and now he's nowhere to be found.

BigBri really needs to come back.

Who else out of our main cast is missing?

Pasnow is another.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

It’s 2 songs imo….subject matter is completely different….General is about child abuse and Monsters is about Seymour….again, just my opinion.

I agree.

They may link them for whatever reason but they were clearly two different songs at some point.

I don't know how anyone watches any of that GNR YouTube content. Pure garbage. You couldn't pay me to watch it.

I'd actually prefer it not be promoted here.

Stuff like shackler's SoundCloud/YouTube channel is perfectly fine or other Evo member accounts but the stuff like mentioned above is pure hogwash.

Thanks man. I mean people can obviously get things wrong of course, I got most of the lyrics wrong for example (Although I at least got the word monsters) but there are youtube channels of people out there doing commentary that just seems way off base.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

But if they are different and separated songs, are they going to release both? The vynil had a B side and was for the general. Then i understood the general was renamed as the general and Monsters and now two different songs...?

carlossacanell

GNR world is totally insane

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

Big Guns could be going down or a new version of Oh My God... But this is weird....

Going Down a big gun? 18

Going Down is barely a wart on the ass of Dust N Bones/14 Years/So Fine.

carlossacanell wrote:

I know the final version will be better. I'm sure.
But i have the perception that these songs, including perhaps, state of grace, Atlas etc are leftovers... Worse level than CD songs.
If this is the case, please leave them

Yes they're leftovers...but leave them?

It's all we're going to get! The fan base has hung in all these years for the final big guns.

If they leave them, you'll see an immediate exodus from these forums... including yourself.

polluxlm wrote:

Izzy must be busy doing donuts around his house with a dirt bike.

Seriously, what is this guy up to? Seems he is not married and he hasn't released a solo album since 2010.

The Not In This Lifetime tours have been a never ending commercial for AFD and GH.

He's swimming in royalties from the past 7 years.

Goin down is just a gorilla village head left over
Its a good tommy solo song but not a good GNR song

The sad thing in all of this is the best stuff is those instrumentals and we dont even know if Axl put lyrics to them.
And even if he did would they even be that good of lyrics.

You could make a great album with

Zodiac
Quick Song
Rebel
Oklahoma
Me & My Elvis
Mustache
Tonto
Real Doll
Prom

Sky Dog wrote:

Back to the two song theory….they have different writing credits with Sesac! The only thing similar is the Beltrami orchestration

carlossacanell

Of course i'm not saying going down is WTTJ, but yes a 14 years style. A good song and radio friendly as well.
Absurd, TG, Monsters, State of Grace... I'm not saying are bad but i don't think they are close to the GNR catalogue.
I got more faith to a completely new Axl-Slash-Duff album composing new songs in terms of quality than these nu-gnr era leftovers.
Just my opinion

carlossacanell

I think there is a lack of creativity by Axl at the moment. The powerful bullets were used un CD and now... I want to have ALL, leftovers included. But a new material álbum i hope It would be more creative and had better songs.
The combination of the three, add Izzy contributions and there we'll find the Big guns and the Magic

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

carlossacanell wrote:

But if they are different and separated songs, are they going to release both? The vynil had a B side and was for the general. Then i understood the general was renamed as the general and Monsters and now two different songs...?

I think the real response at the moment is we don't know for certain.

They both have Beltrami work on from the tour intro (that we do know). That could mean they were once one song that has now been split into two, or it could also mean they were always two songs and that they just combined the strings to play as an intro to those gigs back in the day. Now obviously when asked years back what that intro was they said it was The General, they never mentioned Monsters so that would maybe suggest the song was later split after all.

The credits have it registered as The General And Monsters which would imply that they are one song though, but then the 7" is advertised as having The General as a B-Side with no mention of Monsters at all.

So who knows for sure? It's all conflicting hints.

I still would not be surprised if when this 7" appears it doesn't have Monsters on at all. Like I said it's not advertised.

I said this the other day but I think the things the fanbase thought they knew for sure (eg. Me and my Elvis being Soulmonster) actually aren't sure at all.

Board footer