You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The General and Monsters

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I’m going to write fan fiction for this band.

We've all been doing that for 20+ years! 16

briburge28
 Rep: 0 

briburge28 wrote:

Wondering if i can get a link for both songs?   Excited to hear them

edleblan
 Rep: 0 

edleblan wrote:

Hi,

I wouldn’t mind links to the songs via PM. Much appreciated!

Thanks.

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:
James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Rarely has a more accurate statement been uttered... just sayin'

Like most every other detail surrounding GNR, this leak is just 'weird'.. for a multitude of reasons. I'm a firm believer that the truth surrounding the details will get out there eventually so.. it is what it is.

For the record, I will say this - I f'n love "Monsters" (or wtfever its called...regardless, my sentiment remains)

#Peace

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
darknemus wrote:
James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Like most every other detail surrounding GNR, this leak is just 'weird'.. for a multitude of reasons. I'm a firm believer that the truth surrounding the details will get out there eventually so.. it is what it is.

For the record, I will say this - I f'n love "Monsters" (or wtfever its called...regardless, my sentiment remains)

#Peace

When do we get our HULU miniseries? They make one for everything nowadays.

darknemus

darknemus wrote:
Gagarin wrote:
darknemus wrote:
James wrote:

#Peace

When do we get our HULU miniseries? They make one for everything nowadays.

Not soon enough.. I tell people all the time if you tried to write a book about all this stuff the publishers would be like "Umm, that's too far out there, even for us, and all we publish is alternative history science fiction based on mankind having developed in the hollow core of the Earth with cool dinosaur pets and stuff"

What I think amazes me the most is IT KEEPS HAPPENING at some level.. I wrack my brain and I just can't think of any band where you can say that, other than GNR.

James

James wrote:
darknemus wrote:
James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

#Peace

It's good to see you again. Haven't chatted with you in years.

Yeah it is weird...just drops out of the blue hours after the fan base was nutting up over the vinyl.

We've never had one like that before. There's usually some fun and games surrounding them....

BiffTannenBackToTheFuture1985.jpg

darknemus

darknemus wrote:

^^^ True story.. I mean life isn't much fun without some gamesmanship and chaos smile

Good to see you as well. I'm still alive / around just ..in a different place in life where I can't exactly goof around on forums all day.. tongue  with that being said.. I keep up on the various pulses out there and fortunately have some nice people in my circle who keep me up to date on the latest 'wait...wut?' when it comes to GNR.

James

James wrote:
darknemus wrote:

I wrack my brain and I just can't think of any band where you can say that, other than GNR.

The only band I can think of that has some wacky stuff happen in its communities that even comes close to this is KISS.

What do your people say about this one?

The big debate since the leak is 'Soul Monster or not?"

It seems logical...but not everything is logical in the world of GNR.

darknemus

darknemus wrote:
James wrote:
darknemus wrote:

I wrack my brain and I just can't think of any band where you can say that, other than GNR.

The only band I can think of that has some wacky stuff happen in its communities that even comes close to this is KISS.

What do your people say about this one?

The big debate since the leak is 'Soul Monster or not?"

It seems logical...but not everything is logical in the world of GNR.

Just to be clear..outside of rampant speculation and some logical extrapolation I don't know anything about this one.

I think the key here is to figure out why these were broken into two files and..more importantly.. why The General seems to have been tinkered with or modified in some manner before we got it.. intentional? No clue but it definitely seems like..of the two.. to have some continuity / flow issues that strike me more as an amateur error or intentional decision rather than a professional one.

I struggle to be convinced these are vinyl rips because..unless ripped from a very high quality vinyl setup they seem to be missing some telltale vinyl rip signs.. again it's impossible to know for sure though as.. at the moment we have way too many variables and just not enough data to lock them down.

One thing I am convinced of.. this isnt AI as I have seen suggested. Unless it's taken a generational leap in the last couple weeks I'm not aware of and I do run in those circles.

Im sure we will learn more soon one way or another.. my guess is probably not from any 'official' channels first though because..well...GNR.

Board footer