You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: The General and Monsters

dave-gnfnr wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:
Click777 wrote:

In Monsters, Slash's guitar sounds until 04:04  then the part of another guitarist begins, which one? Fortus? The same thing happens in the General, Slash's guitar sounds throughout the song, then another guitar enters

from 3:35 to 4:33 I hear Robin on Monsters

from 3:46 to 4:19 I hear Robin on The General

Robin is on perhaps for like three notes lol

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
darknemus wrote:
James wrote:

I wish they didn't always have to play Scooby Doo sooper sekrit mystery.

In a perfect (normal) world...Slash, Duff, or preferably Axl would log into Twitter, acknowledge the leak, and give a brief synopsis of the track(s) and how it went down.

It would be so easy to do this.

It's the only fan base that has to debate which band members are on songs.

Not kicking a gift horse in the mouth...a leak is a leak...but getting information along with the music would work wonders.

Without any bashing, intentional or otherwise, I will express this opinion - keeping in mind its my own only and based upon MY observations re: this band.

As long as TB is 'running the show' so to speak, what you've suggested above has about a -3278% chance of happening, give or take.

One can only hope things change on that information flow front.. but I have my doubts.

Yeah I've been complaining about their incompetence for years. Every single thing they do gets screwed up somehow.

Imagine how amazing all of this could've been with real managers steering the ship.

Shacklermyrye wrote:

It's soul monster, they were always 2 diff songs and no strings part was an interlude

Yep...that seals it.

2 songs that got worked on and painted over so many times, Beltrami himself barely recognized them.

Kinda insane when you think about it.

Haven't read mygnr yet today. Some of those guys must be shitting bricks over their "It's one epic song and if you believe otherwise you're a moron!" theory.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:
darknemus wrote:
James wrote:

I wish they didn't always have to play Scooby Doo sooper sekrit mystery.

In a perfect (normal) world...Slash, Duff, or preferably Axl would log into Twitter, acknowledge the leak, and give a brief synopsis of the track(s) and how it went down.

It would be so easy to do this.

It's the only fan base that has to debate which band members are on songs.

Not kicking a gift horse in the mouth...a leak is a leak...but getting information along with the music would work wonders.

Without any bashing, intentional or otherwise, I will express this opinion - keeping in mind its my own only and based upon MY observations re: this band.

As long as TB is 'running the show' so to speak, what you've suggested above has about a -3278% chance of happening, give or take.

One can only hope things change on that information flow front.. but I have my doubts.

Yeah I've been complaining about their incompetence for years. Every single thing they do gets screwed up somehow.

Imagine how amazing all of this could've been with real managers steering the ship.

Shacklermyrye wrote:

It's soul monster, they were always 2 diff songs and no strings part was an interlude

Yep...that seals it.

2 songs that got worked on and painted over so many times, Beltrami himself barely recognized them.

Kinda insane when you think about it.

Haven't read mygnr yet today. Some of those guys must be shitting bricks over their "It's one epic song and if you believe otherwise you're a moron!" theory.

Well here is the thing, the general still could be an epic song but Axl cut it down for the slash and duff version

I could see Axl cuttng a long intro and outtro and all the BH solos in it
HE kinda did that with Hard school

wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

wagszilla wrote:

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

lol What a bizarre night. The 2006 tour intro thing i remastered is being sent to Beltrami to jog his memory.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Click777 wrote:

In Monsters, Slash's guitar sounds until 04:04  then the part of another guitarist begins, which one? Fortus? The same thing happens in the General, Slash's guitar sounds throughout the song, then another guitar enters

It's odd looking back how much that enraged people, that was only about 2 months ago & i'd forgotten until you mentioned it.

Bluefish18
 Rep: 2 

Bluefish18 wrote:

I listened to what leaked last week 2-3 times, assumed they were rough demos and didn't want to get addicted to them like I did the Village leaks, so never checked them again.  I am floored by the chaos it/they have caused- i heard absolutely nothing special.  Were there better versions released over the weekend?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Bluefish18 wrote:

I listened to what leaked last week 2-3 times, assumed they were rough demos and didn't want to get addicted to them like I did the Village leaks, so never checked them again.  I am floored by the chaos it/they have caused- i heard absolutely nothing special.  Were there better versions released over the weekend?

What leaked last week?

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Click777 wrote:

I know lol and that still enrages me that AXL did that to Robin. Perhaps would've been such a big mainstream commercial hit on radio and the charts if Perhaps had Robin's solo and not Slash.

Bluefish18 wrote:

So far only the Bucket/Robin versions of The General and Monsters have leaked. The Slash/Duff reworked versions of The General and Monsters have yet to leak. And that's because AXL has those tightly locked under lock and key because the vinyl release is set for December of this year.

Board footer