You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Re: The General and Monsters

Clear wrote:

In TWAT Axl sings very low at one point ("There was a time" I think), it's relatively buried and It wasn't in demos, I can see that being added later during recording

Edit: I'm also wandering if Quick Song was used in Monsters as you talked earlier?

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Anyway, i was listening to the old demos of HS, Absurd, Perhaps... And in my opinion they are really better than the final versions with Slash & Duff.
HS demo is much better, guitars, solos... With good mix It would be great. Finck solo on Perhaps plus the synths on them Bridge made the difference. And Absurd muuuuch better the older one. It's a shame.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

carlossacanell wrote:

Anyway, i was listening to the old demos of HS, Absurd, Perhaps... And in my opinion they are really better than the final versions with Slash & Duff.
HS demo is much better, guitars, solos... With good mix It would be great. Finck solo on Perhaps plus the synths on them Bridge made the difference. And Absurd muuuuch better the older one. It's a shame.

And i think that's due to the musiciams. For those songs and that style the old line Up fits much better than Slash and Duff.

Sky Dog wrote:

Diisturbing on a few levels….talking about old band being new Gnr! Simple to me….since 1991, the whole thing is one big mess of musicians with literally no focused direction. Sorry, it still is with Slash and Duff. So much talent in the ideas, execution is just questionable. I like it all but….

carlossacanell wrote:

I agree. It is a shame. Axl can make it right by releasing Robin's Perhaps on the Perhaps vinyl in December. Axl can make it right by releasing a Chinese Democracy BOX SET featuring everything Robin and Bucket ever recorded.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:

Slash gives it a good effort. Don't get me wrong. Slash tried his best. Slash couldn't capture the greatness Robin achieved on Perhaps. Thay's why Perhaps would been a big hit on radio and on the rock singles charts if Perhaps with Robin Finck was the Perhaps officially released.

I can't decide if you're a troll or just that thick.

If you can't see Robin is great on Perhaps compared to Slash and in general, then I have to think you don't know what great rock is.

84hq7u.jpg

I can't believe I get home, get online, pages in this thread to catch up on, and it's you dominating the discussion with your usual Finck fixation.

You've been doing this for 15+ years. Here, the old forum, the Finck sites back in the day, HTGTH, and sounds like you're on YouTube as well.

Your current posts are just a repeat of your posts during the Village leaks. They actually feel like copy/paste.

You're unique as you don't do anything that's technically a bannable offense and you're not a typical troll/shit poster...you actually believe what you're saying. Having said that, it always reaches the point where discussion is dominated by people having to respond to the drivel while everything else... including the music being discussed...is placed on the back burner.

That's the point we're at right now.

The next step is where you get a 48 hour timeout to decide if you want to keep posting here, you're gonna have to take things down a notch.

That's where we're at now.

James

James wrote:
Clear wrote:

Edit: I'm also wandering if Quick Song was used in Monsters as you talked earlier?

Yeah I brought this up after blaring the song.

It needs to be higher up in the mix or isolated to be able to tell if it's that exact snippet.

It might just be similar but as we know now, they've already done this with Hard School/Eye On You so it's possible.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Well it's here lads.. There were people who thought this song could be The General and for me this just confirms it....Just listen.

wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

wagszilla wrote:

This fanbase and mental illness, name a more iconic duo. I'll wait.

James

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Well it's here lads.. There were people who thought this song could be The General and for me this just confirms it....Just listen.

[/embed]

The next William Hung. 16

Board footer