You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: The General and Monsters

FlashFlood wrote:

Someone should make a poll for whether or not we think Slash and Duff are on these songs. I initially thought they were but not so sure anymore.

(I’d make the poll but doing so on mobile seems like a pain.)

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Someone should make a poll for whether or not we think Slash and Duff are on these songs. I initially thought they were but not so sure anymore.

It sounds like slash and duff on Monsters where as  it sounds like the 99 band on The General

If  you listen to just the instrumental on Monsters you would think it was a VR song

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

It sounds like slash and duff on Monsters where as  it sounds like the 99 band on The General

If  you listen to just the instrumental on Monsters you would think it was a VR song

I pretty much agree with this sentiment.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Also, listening to the isolated vocal on The General it sounds like to me someone, maybe the leaker messed with the chorus, it seems way too off to be that bad of a mix, espeically if its from a 99-04 demo, no demos from those are mixed this bad.

I think someone went in and put tons of reverb and turned the sound way up on those parts to mess with the leak, so the leakers still have a prestine version for trade.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Also, listening to the isolated vocal on The General it sounds like to me someone, maybe the leaker messed with the chorus, it seems way too off to be that bad of a mix, espeically if its from a 99-04 demo, no demos from those are mixed this bad.

I think someone went in and put tons of reverb and turned the sound way up on those parts to mess with the leak, so the leakers still have a prestine version for trade.

I can definitely see that being the case but if it were, they could have certainly done A LOT more than muffling the chorus.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I can definitely see that being the case but if it were, they could have certainly done A LOT more than muffling the chorus.

well I also think they could have cut out the intro and outro as well.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Well they wouldn't be the first person to leave an audio mark on a leak if that were the case. But I just think The general is not a finished mix.
Stuff like the distortion and reverb is a choice I think. I mean look at the released version of Hard Skool it's on that too. The General sounds far better with the vocal track set to mono, and with the outro vocals removed to give the solo room to breathe.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
darknemus wrote:

Oh yeah, add to everything else I'm left handed.. so... i'm a total clumsy dork, too.. lol.

Fellow lefty here, lefties rule!

Also I wouldn't take meds just because most of society does.  If you feel like "yourself" and fine and can manage w/out taking meds, then you shouldn't.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I’m clearly an undiagnosed autistic adult. Hence my ridiculous obsession with this band, since getting into them in the early 90’s.

I really I wish chose a different more fan-friendly band to obsess over, but where’s the fun in that right?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I really I wish chose a different more fan-friendly band to obsess over, but where’s the fun in that right?

Preferribly, one that releases music!

Board footer