You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: The General and Monsters

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Tmgladden wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

robin bucket axl

I think all the original stuff will surface at some point on a huge boxset. Why not?

Now is not the time. Once the reunion happened, CD2 was toast. It’s unfortunate because I want the dudes on there who wrote it.

I feel the same way. It’s great we get official reworking, but man the originals are just so much better. Maybe minus absurd, silkworms was better

Silkworms is a million times better than absurd
Absurd is way too repetive
And its still dumb they took out the chorus

Sky Dog wrote:

Silkworms in Vegas live is the one

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

The more i listen to The General, the more I’m convinced the vocal effects will stay. That would be unfortunate but I’m also thinking we are hearing the official vinyl version.

Oh the vocal FX will stay, they will just level the vocals so its not all over the place
I still think someone may have messed with those parts esp if it was Walker who leaked it

I think things will be a tad clearer but nothing major. We will find out soon unless we'll gnr does some gnr'ing.

As long as they just fix the levels on those parts and tone down the echo/reverb it will make it way better

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

Lol, I can’t think of another new era song that’s stuck with me like this one

I’m stuck on Monsters

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Yup 100%

I do like the remix that imsorry did that added the chorus from RIR3 and HOB into the song to make it complete. But the video audio verse of Silkworms is amazing

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

I’m stuck on Monsters

I am with you on this, I love monsters, I think its the best of the CD era left over stuff so far.

Sky Dog wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Yup 100%

I do like the remix that imsorry did that added the chorus from RIR3 and HOB into the song to make it complete. But the video audio verse of Silkworms is amazing

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

I’m stuck on Monsters

I am with you on this, I love monsters, I think its the best of the CD era left over stuff so far.

To me it is…it’s catchier than General

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

I’m stuck on Monsters

Definitely the best leftover released.

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:

Not a fan of Monsters. It's so cheesy, like a pop song. The Backstreet Boys would cover it next Halloween.

The General is a great song, so much depth and emotion.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Monsters is a good song. Love the chorus, feels more alt rock, while the guitars are pretty old school rock. I’m really interested in what Slash will do with Atlas. Could be a lot more like Yesterdays

But General is like Exorcist while Monsters is Lost Boys. Best way I can describe it 16

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Monsters fucking rules. The reason you don’t like it is because it has a hook? What?

Board footer