You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: The General and Monsters

faldor wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Silkworms in Vegas live is the one

Yup 100%

I do like the remix that imsorry did that added the chorus from RIR3 and HOB into the song to make it complete. But the video audio verse of Silkworms is amazing

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

Lol, I can’t think of another new era song that’s stuck with me like this one

I’m stuck on Monsters

I am with you on this, I love monsters, I think its the best of the CD era left over stuff so far.

Monsters is quickly rising to the top of the CD2 list for me. Maybe the newness is factoring in a bit, but I think it has staying power. I didn’t initially like The General that much, but it has definitely grown on me. Definitely surpassed Absurd at this point.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Silkworms in Vegas live is the one

Yup 100%

I do like the remix that imsorry did that added the chorus from RIR3 and HOB into the song to make it complete. But the video audio verse of Silkworms is amazing

Sky Dog wrote:

I’m stuck on Monsters

I am with you on this, I love monsters, I think its the best of the CD era left over stuff so far.

Monsters is quickly rising to the top of the CD2 list for me. Maybe the newness is factoring in a bit, but I think it has staying power. I didn’t initially like The General that much, but it has definitely grown on me. Definitely surpassed Absurd at this point.

That’s a loooow bar, man

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:
misterID wrote:

Monsters is a good song. Love the chorus, feels more alt rock, while the guitars are pretty old school rock. I’m really interested in what Slash will do with Atlas. Could be a lot more like Yesterdays

But General is like Exorcist while Monsters is Lost Boys. Best way I can describe it 16

Damn, monsters is lost boys. I know what movie quotes I’m going through for my remix lulz

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Strident&Piercing wrote:

Not sure if it's been talked about in this thread yet, but pretty sure solo will in The General will be a lot less strident & piercing when the vinyl comes out in December robin

VPN's are pretty great...until they're not. You should start your own Robin nut swinger forum. You'd be the Mojo for sure.

Bluefish18
 Rep: 2 

Bluefish18 wrote:

Mojo? Yuck- haven't heard that name in a long time.

I hope the vocals get cleaned up in The General- its a pretty powerful song.  I'm trying with Monsters, but just not feeling it right now...

Bill Brasky
 Rep: 0 

Bill Brasky wrote:
Strident&Piercing wrote:

Not sure if it's been talked about in this thread yet, but pretty sure solo will in The General will be a lot less strident & piercing when the vinyl comes out in December robin

That's very insightful , please share more.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Mojo…That dude destroyed that forum

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Lol, I can’t think of another new era song that’s stuck with me like this one

The original 2006 Better leak was one hell of an earworm.

I really, REALLY hope they release The General online soon. We need that one in better quality really, REALLY bad.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I haven't talked to him in about 3-4 years. I don't really have anything against the guy.

Having said that...

What killed GNR Truth was the immediate censoring of the Village leaks.  That forum was still rocking and rolling at that point. It went from tons of activity to a ghost town overnight.  I checked it a year or two later and there were 2-3 people hanging in.

You can't prevent a starving fan base from listening to and discussing leaks. Well you can...but you see the results.

HTGTH also nosedived in activity from a similar approach.

I kinda understand where they were coming from...it was a MASSIVE leak and as we now know, GNR wound up releasing a few of those songs.

Like I said though...it's just not feasible with this fan base. Don't forget...mygnr and HTGTH initially considered such an approach in 2006-7.

Try to stop discussion...people just go to one of the other forums.

Look how many GNR forums have existed over the decades and how few were left once we got to the reunion, Village Leaks, and today.

It had a good run.

For the record, this Finck dude is definitely NOT Mojo.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I haven't talked to him in about 3-4 years. I don't really have anything against the guy.

Having said that...

What killed GNR Truth was the immediate censoring of the Village leaks.  That forum was still rocking and rolling at that point. It went from tons of activity to a ghost town overnight.  I checked it a year or two later and there were 2-3 people hanging in.

You can't prevent a starving fan base from listening to and discussing leaks. Well you can...but you see the results.

HTGTH also nosedived in activity from a similar approach.

I kinda understand where they were coming from...it was a MASSIVE leak and as we now know, GNR wound up releasing a few of those songs.

Like I said though...it's just not feasible with this fan base. Don't forget...mygnr and HTGTH initially considered such an approach in 2006-7.

Try to stop discussion...people just go to one of the other forums.

Look how many GNR forums have existed over the decades and how few were left once we got to the reunion, Village Leaks, and today.

It had a good run.

For the record, this Finck dude is definitely NOT Mojo.

A few years back Jordan Rose at Mygnr said that 95% of the other accounts on Gnrtruth were Mojo alts, and he was just talking to himself the entire time. He also said MSL abandoned the site when he found out. Have no idea if any of that was true or not.

Board footer