You are not logged in. Please register or login.

wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

Re: Oh My God Question

wagszilla wrote:

That disco bridge they added in the Bumblefoot version was so bad, I had to immediately go and confess to a priest.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

wagszilla wrote:

That disco bridge they added in the Bumblefoot version was so bad, I had to immediately go and confess to a priest.

I think that was always there, just more clear in the BBF version because there was a lot less going on

wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

wagszilla wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
wagszilla wrote:

I think that was always there, just more clear in the BBF version because there was a lot less going on

Let me joke, friend. It is all I have left. I certainly don't have any released music.

Shacklermyrye

wagszilla wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
wagszilla wrote:

Let me joke, friend. It is all I have left. I certainly don't have any released music.

Well hopefully that changes in December unless they push it back again. I hope the mix is different though

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

“There's a remix w/lots of new vocals and a wilder guitar intro but it's not taken all that seriously. ( AXL Chinesedemocracy.com December 14, 2008).

You mention the Bumblefoot version and I think a lot of people think of that as the remix, but if you look at his description it doesn't fit that at all. Brain was asked to work on six remixes for the band one of which one of which clearly was Oh My God. Bizarrely this has been largely forgotten by people.

It doesn't surprise me if it's out there, but it does surprise me it hasn't leaked.

the BBF version of oh my god did leak I thought
I have it or is that not it

That did yes. But if you listen to it it does not match Axl's description at all.

The version that leaked is a a mono version of the song panned to the hard right channel and BBF guitar take panned hard left.

That is not a remix. With the remix Axl mentions new vocals (& a lot of them). There are no new vocals on the BBF leak at all.

my guess is that version is the one they gave to Ron so he can learn his guitar parts
that is why it was panned so weird

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting, I never noticed he said there were new lyrics as well as new guitars.

I personally think the classic lyrics are awesome.

Like there's something "so Axl" about them, the fire, the passion, the headfucky trip, and the analysis of it all. I always thought that lyrically it proved he "still had it" even if the production of the song and the guitar parts were not to everyone's taste.

I didn't care for the 'disco' version I must admit....but I'd love to see this song with slash guitars...more along the lines of Monsters or The Garden...like make it feel like one of Axl's dark mood pieces. It deserves some kind of reissue cos it kicks ass and I dont even think it's around on streaming these days is it?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I can't find OMG on Spotify. Why wouldn't it be on there?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Some sort of rights issue with the label/soundtrack?

Shacklermyrye

I think it is on spotify in some countries and not in others. I think it's a right issue as apposed to them trying to hide it or anything.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

does this work
https://open.spotify.com/track/0fOAaGXM … 950e4c4de4

Board footer