You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: Bon Jovi Discussion

RaZor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Eh I honestly cant see Jon saying something like that.. That's a bit overboard.

I can believe it. Anyone and everyone is capable of saying something fucked up, that they wouldn't otherwise saw, when they are angry or suffering from grief.  Jon's daughter almost OD'd, he could very well have been holding on to allot of anger and taking it out on others.

But, this article comes from a gossip website and it uses unnamed sources, so it very well maybe bullshit.

smoke wrote:
-D- wrote:

Side note. It ain't Bon jovi without Richie and there's no way I'd buy a ticket to that shit.

Word. Its funny that I'm willing to accept different gnr lineups but Jon Bon Jovi using Bon Jovi without Richie? Nah. Get a new name. big_smile

Lol, you know, I felt exactly the same way at first, but now I think I might be able to get over it. 

If nothing else, I'm very interested to see what happens if they try and move on without Richie. Will they bring in Desmond Child to fill in for Richie's co-writing? Will David Bryan contribute more as a song writer? Will they bring in a new guitarist to help write guitar songs, or will new songs be more piano based? Will they replace Richie, or bring someone in as an unofficial member? Will new songs sound like Jon's solo tracks, or will they still sound similar to previous Bon Jovi albums?  I'm dyin' to find out.

Bottom line, if they come out with new music without Richie, I'll give it a listen, if I like it I don't really care what they call themselves. They can call themselves the Jersey Shore OG's for all I care.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I'll listen to it, but if I had to bet, I'd go with "sounds like Jon's solo stuff."

He should call Bucket!  Imagine him shredding Raise Your Hands?

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

I'd rather hear Eddie Van Halen shred on the slippery and NJ songs, that would be an 80's dream come true.  All they would need then is a triumphant video. smile \m/

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RaZor wrote:

I'd rather hear Eddie Van Halen shred on the slippery and NJ songs, that would be an 80's dream come true.  All they would need then is a triumphant video. smile \m/

Oh fuck yeah! 9  EVH would be killer with Jon's vocals and the rest of the band. Even if it was just for a one off collaboration. 3 Couldn't see Bucket in that kind of situation though. I don't think he would be interested. I know he could shred on any of those songs of course.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Would be awesome if Jon had the pipes he had back in '89, but I don't think he can pull that off anymore.

I'd be seriously surprised if anything like that were to happen. Jon runs the band like a mafia, they don't bring anyone new in unless they have to. If the band continues, I expect Phil X on guitar, but not as an official member, and Desmond Child and Billy Falcon to help co-write songs. Child being a maybe, even though he's helped write the bigger hits, he might have a better relationship with Richie than with Jon.

Child collaborating with Richie on a solo album would be a hell of a thing.

Me_Wise_Magic

You can't go wrong with Desmond Child's song writing and production abilities.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

That's hilarious Bucket in bon Jovi.. what a mind fuck that would be

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Bon Jovi plays concert for free

(Classic Rock) Bon Jovi have waived their fee for an upcoming concert in Spain to help fans in the financial crisis-torn country be able to afford tickets for the show.

Spain was one of the worst-hit nations in Europe in the aftermath of the 2008 financial meltdown. It's still suffering high inflation, high unemployment and low growth, with latest estimates suggesting the country hasn't yet emerged from recession.

The idea of the band working for nothing came from frontman Jon Bon Jovi himself. "When we were planning the tour we did a study and found that, due to the economic situation, Spain was not on the road map," He tells El Mundo. "But we didn't want to stop playing to the fans of a country that's treated me so well for 30 years."

As a result of the gesture, tickets for the show in Madrid on June 27 were sold for as little as £15, with the income covering the costs of staging, crew and venue staff.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news … -for-free/

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

That's fucking cool.

Me_Wise_Magic

Stand up guy! smile

Board footer