You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Bon Jovi Discussion

smoke wrote:

Agreed. Like I said upthread, it cracks me up because I'd be against Jon using his own last name for his band, but sorry BJ = Jon and Richie AT MINIMUM. Though at this point, I'd feel a bit let down by anything less than all 4 of them.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

I think Jon will be able to continue without Ritchie. He owns the name, and at this point in their career, the name will sell albums and tickets.

It's definitely not going to be the same without Ritchie though. Any new music they come out with will definitely have a different feel and sound to it. And it might be good, Jon's solo stuff is pretty good IMO. It's just going to be different, like Van Halen was with Hagar.

Richie on the other hand is going to have a hard time achieving the same level of success on his own, even though the quality of his music will probably be better. But hopefully he'll have enough success as a solo artist that he continues to do it.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora surprised fans over the weekend by posting a stream of a brand new song called "Come Back As Me" on YouTube.

Sambora gave no indication what he plans to do with the song, such as release it as a single or part of a new solo album. He introduced the song via Twitter by saying "Since everybody was diggin stuff figured I'd lay something new on ya. And the lyric is pretty timely...."

The "digging stuff" comment referred to fans tweeting links to Sambora songs on YouTube, which he himself was enjoying. On the previous day he tweeted fans "Lotsa cool stuff comin up...keep your heart smilin..."

As for the lyrics being pretty timely, they include the lines: "What do you want me to say, I gave you everything I could give / But everything just wasn't enough, so I just let live and live" and "If I die tomorrow, I would come back as me."

Fans and the media are speculating Sambora could have been referring to his issues with Bon Jovi. He sat out the band's latest tour, dropping out at the last minute due to a "personal matter."

What this new song means for Sambora's future as a solo artist or as a member of Bon Jovi is not yet known. But while fans wait for answers they can enjoy the tune here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lmYXmUtxes

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

The rumors continue to fly regarding Richie Sambora‘s absence from the latest Bon Jovi tour.

The latest reports come from a site called RumorFix, where exclusive (and anonymous, natch) sources are saying Sambora has been officially fired from the tour in a dispute over money. According to RumorFix, Sambora has been pulling in $2 million a month and 20 percent of the net from each show in spite of his absence, which is a pretty significant salary if you aren’t actually onstage. Apparently, Jon Bon Jovi agreed, officially severing ties for the duration of the tour.

In the process, he reportedly lowered the band’s overhead significantly; according to RumorFix’s report, Sambora’s replacement — onetime Triumph guitarist Phil X — is earning a comparatively low $10,000 a month while he’s on the road with Bon Jovi.

According to the source, the decision isn’t sitting well with Sambora, and not because of money either. “Richie wants to go back onstage,” says the report. “That’s his first love. He’s really upset over the news.” RumorFix claims to have reached out to Bon Jovi’s reps for comment, to no avail.

Bon Jovi’s current tour commitments run through mid-December and will see the band playing South America, North America, Japan and Australia.

Updated 8/23: Phil X has weighed in on these rumors via Twitter: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/richie-s … jovi-tour/

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

well, its just from the tour and I mean fuck. if he was paying Richie 2 million plus to sit at home.. I can't really blame him.

Phil X prob gets 10k a week, not month

Lomax wrote:
-D- wrote:

well, its just from the tour and I mean fuck. if he was paying Richie 2 million plus to sit at home.. I can't really blame him.

Phil X prob gets 10k a week, not month

10K per show in fact! But yeah still a lot less.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

That doesn't settle why he was sitting at home in the first place though which I'd love to know.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
smoke wrote:

That doesn't settle why he was sitting at home in the first place though which I'd love to know.

image.jpg

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Not really in to Bon jov but whats this Phil like

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

Not really in to Bon jov but whats this Phil like

He's good, kicked ass on the BJ tour.  He's also worked on albums with some big name rockers like Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie and others as a session guitarist.

I'm sure he'd bring a lot to the table on a new album, but there wasn't a lot of guitar in the last BJ album, and I think it maybe a sign of what's to come w/o Richie. So it doesn't really matter how good Phil is.

Board footer