You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Which member do you respect the most?

Which of GN'R's current members do you think deserves the most respect from fans and other musicians?

I think I would say Robin, just by the way he's carried himself. He dealt with Trent Reznor during the  Self-Destruct and Fragility tours, which appeared to be hell. They were Trent's most drug abusive, band abusive, and unreliable times. Robin has been with GN'R through the 02 fiasco, the 06 revival, and now another silent period. Some would say that he just likes the paycheck in both bands, as his need to be creative and productive in both was small compared to other, more democratic bands. But I really respect the way Robin never slams either frontman or says stuff he shouldn't say. He keeps his mouth shut and plays his ass off in the studio and on stage. I like that.

But depending on your defeinition of respect and deserving you could pick any of them. Ron for his openess and warmth to fans as well as his humility and playing ability... Stinson for his entire career's worth of work, and his patience in this band... Axl for his amazing talent and lack of compromise to outside influence (from a certain point-of-view)... Dizzy for his loyalty to the band and Axl... I'm sure there are reasons to repsect Frank, Fortus, and Pitman too.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

BBF and it isn't even close.  He may be the only member I have any respect for right now.

Communist China

^ Why? Just because he talks to te fans? Or because of his solo career?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Hard for me to respect the following members for the reasons given

Dizzy....i've always considered him a hanger-on and to boot his solo band is a cover band in your local bar...also i've never been a fan of GnR's turn toward the piano and stuff...hile there are a few great songs with the keys i'd far prefer to have a 5 peice ensemble 2 guitars, a bass guitar drums and vocals

Frank...his efforts outside of gnr are spotty at best...check out honky toast or whatever the fuck its called for proof...and how can we go from Freese to Brain to fucking Frank Ferrer....who!?

Fortus...lets face it he played for the backstreet boys...and that was his claim to fame...hes a session musician...dime a dozen..on top of that he introduced us to the greatness of Frank

Tommy....telling fans to fuckoff is inexcusable and this is the #1 reason why he doesnt have my respect at the moment...beyond that I've never heard of the replacements, or whatever the hell his band was called, before i heard he was in GnR..i must admit though that VGH is very good

now the guys i respect and the reasons

Pitman...he has never spoken about GnR i dont think....lol...he takes tones of crap from the fans...through it all everythgin i have heard form the man is pretty freaking good...even though i'm not one for Synth, i must admit he seems to take things an extra step further

Robin..his resume is not really that great but think of how much shit this guy takes from the fans on the forums and through it all he remains silent and goes about his buisiness...that is a professional...while i dont think hes the greatest guitarist alive...his professionalism in this mess is impecable and i commend him on it...also he has improved 100% from 02 - 06 when i saw him again..

Ron ... the guy is cool and down to earth...he takes time out of his schedule to talk to the fans plus his solo material is pretty good stuff...plus the guys is fucking fantastic guitar player...and his ability to play virtually anythign he hears is amazing as well

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I would say Ron, he seems like a really genuine person and takes time out to talk to the fans and seems to really appreciate their support.

I also think Fortus too.  That opinion is based soley on the few minutes I had when I met him and spoke to him.  He seemed like a top bloke, no arrogance or anything he was happy to stop and talk.

I would happily sit down and have a beer with either of them.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Communist China wrote:

It's more of an indictment against the rest of the guys that it is a plug for Ron.  Ron seems like a good guy who respects the old band.  That by itself is good enough for me compared to the others.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

This one is going to come as a shock to everyone (hell, I shocked myself) but I would say Axl.  The reason is he doesn't waiver on his vision, whether that be for better or worse.  I don't always agree with him and I certainly get pissed off at the way he keeps us in the dark but in the end he is true to what he believes in and that counts for something with me.  If Axl wasn't in the band would any of us even give a flying fuck about the new Guns N Roses?

Communist China

buzzsaw wrote:
Communist China wrote:

It's more of an indictment against the rest of the guys that it is a plug for Ron.  Ron seems like a good guy who respects the old band.  That by itself is good enough for me compared to the others.

What makes you think the other guys don't respect the old band?

Although I think Ron's a great guy and a great player, I think it's easier for him to come off as respectful because he doesn't have a lot of stock in CD. Guys like Robin and Tommy and Brain have spent years ont his material, and their 'disrespect' may just be frustration over a lack of identity.

Communist China wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Communist China wrote:

What makes you think the other guys don't respect the old band?

Although I think Ron's a great guy and a great player, I think it's easier for him to come off as respectful because he doesn't have a lot of stock in CD. Guys like Robin and Tommy and Brain have spent years ont his material, and their 'disrespect' may just be frustration over a lack of identity.

I haven't seen anyone in the band disrespect anyone who used to be in the band aside from Tommy making comments about Buckethead.

Board footer