You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Which member do you respect the most?

buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

William Axl Rose

He wrote and crafted some of the most beautiful & Rock N' Roll music ever made. To me the band through it's various incarnations would be nothing without this guys vision.
If Slash and the other guys were left to rule the roost over the UYI direction, we never would have had "Estranged" or "November Rain". Those are the songs that I love, I prefer the deep and meaningful, pretentious or not.

He never intentionally lies. He believes in what he says, and he obviously chosen music over money.
As for his spiritual believes, what's wrong with them. I believe the same things to a certain extent.

....And... apart from that here is like 14 years later still hung up, on some woman he used to know, that's true love for you, you don't accept and you don't move on, you get pissed.

Are you kidding?  Never intentionally lies?  Who do you blame for all the lies coming out of the GnR camp, which is run ONLY by Axl? 

The band would have been nothing without him?  Please.  Slash was obviously on the radar at that point in the LA music scene and Izzy wrote or co-wrote pretty much all of AFD.  Steven was a hanger on, but Duff is a talented musician and would have caught on somewhere.  You sound a lot like Axl and Baz brainwashed you into believing this load of crap.  I prefer NR and Estranged to a lot of the UYI songs, but to ignore the contributions Slash made to those songs is just ignorant.  I'm pretty sure Axl even thanked him for Estranged in the liner notes.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah Slash doesn't get writing credits but clearly wrote the guitar parts for Estranged and NR, which imo, are the reason the songs aren't lame.

nugdafied wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

As much as she may not have any respect for anyone that disagrees with the way GNR do things,  if it weren't for her, Axl wouldn't have made it through the 90's and possibly all the way up to today.

You say that as if it's fact. Who knows, maybe if she wasn't around to be Axl's reminder of Stephanie Seymour, he'd of gotten over it like a real man & moved on in his life. I wonder how long Axl would've kept her around if she hadn't worked for SS? If that link wasn't there?

Have you watched the end of the RIR in 01?   He states it on stage that she got him through the all those years up to then.    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/481149/gu … _rir_2001/

There are plenty of men out there that have been deeply affected by a relationship that didn't work out, doesn't make them not a "Real Man" roll

He also has tremendous mother/family issues that I am sure she provided him with a more stable way of life as far as that's concerned as well throughout those years and not just picking up the pieces after Seymour.

AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Are you kidding?  Never intentionally lies?  Who do you blame for all the lies coming out of the GnR camp, which is run ONLY by Axl?

If this is about release dates, then I think he believed in them at the time.

buzzsaw wrote:

The band would have been nothing without him?  Please.  Slash was obviously on the radar at that point in the LA music scene and Izzy wrote or co-wrote pretty much all of AFD.  Steven was a hanger on, but Duff is a talented musician and would have caught on somewhere.  You sound a lot like Axl and Baz brainwashed you into believing this load of crap.  I prefer NR and Estranged to a lot of the UYI songs, but to ignore the contributions Slash made to those songs is just ignorant.  I'm pretty sure Axl even thanked him for Estranged in the liner notes.

If Axl wasn't there... "Snakepit" I know some love those albums, but that isn't what I loved in GNR, more specifically UYI II.

...Yeah I love Slash's playing but I think don't agree with his probable vision.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If this is about release dates, then I think he believed in them at the time.

buzzsaw wrote:

If Axl wasn't there... "Snakepit" I know some love those albums, but that isn't what I loved in GNR, more specifically UYI II.

...Yeah I love Slash's playing but I think don't agree with his probable vision.

I know that you know that's not even close to the only lie coming from the GnR camp.  If you're making the case that Axl actually believes all the lies, that's a completely different issue.  That just means you're admitting he's batshit nuts.

Saying Slash's vision isn't what you prefer is much diferent than saying he'd have been nothing without Axl.  I'd go so far as to say Axl would have been nothing without the AFD lineup and specifically Izzy and Slash pushing Axl to do something.  Look what Axl's accomplished since those guys left.  Nothing.  I don't think that's a coincidence.

Board footer