You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Mick Wall interview on the radio

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

He's just trying to make money on the name of Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses.

Why not?  Isn't that exactly what the entire GnR camp is doing?

there is a huge difference. one relies on the other's success in order to use the name for his own, whether it's truthful or not, good or bad (mick wall). and the other is self sufficient (the entire gnr camp).

mick wall is selling gnr. gnr is selling itself.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

He's just trying to make money on the name of Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses.

there is a huge difference. one relies on the other's success in order to use the name for his own, whether it's truthful or not, good or bad (mick wall). and the other is self sufficient (the entire gnr camp).

Until they release their own music, new GnR is selling the old band.  Same thing in my book...living off of someone else's accomplishments.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

But they're Axl's own accomplishments, too. Members come and go. He's allowed to continue with whatever name if he chooses to. It's his music. What Mick Wall is doing is completely different and far more malicious.

war

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Until they release their own music, new GnR is selling the old band.  Same thing in my book...living off of someone else's accomplishments.

thank you jonathanvondoom

i agree that it is n interesting comparison but it is still comparing apples to oranges

first of all, you can't compare axl to mick wall cause he is an original member and the most significant of all of them. second, you don't have to release an album to sell music. when you go to a gnr show you are buyng live music, including madagascar and the blues. so, again, you cannot compare mick wall and what he does to the "hired guns" there.  third, even if we call them a cover band, they still exist with or without mick wall where as the opposite is not true.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

first of all, you can't compare axl to mick wall cause he is an original member and the most significant of all of them.

highly debatable but whatever...lets leave this alone I'd prefer not to travel that path again please

war wrote:

second, you don't have to release an album to sell music. when you go to a gnr show you are buyng live music, including madagascar and the blues. so, again, you cannot compare mick wall and what he does to the "hired guns" there

I think what buzzsaw (and others are saying) is that Frank hasnt done anything to warrant the fact that he can use the GnR name to promote his crappy band...yeah he played a few live shows....but then again so did Fred Coury of Cinderella ...can he claim to be a former GnR Drummer? i dont think so

war wrote:

third, even if we call them a cover band, they still exist with or without mick wall where as the opposite is not true.

Well mick wall certainly has a career outside of GnR..not saying i like the guy or anything but GnR called him out huge on a song on a very high selling album...he's known as a dickhead reporter to a large portion of the world cuz of GITR...its just karma's a bitch right? Wall did some embellishing on a GnR article...Axl fired back and now mick is in the driver seat for the "battle" pretty childish IMO

war

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

first of all, you can't compare axl to mick wall cause he is an original member and the most significant of all of them.

highly debatable but whatever...lets leave this alone I'd prefer not to travel that path again please

war wrote:

second, you don't have to release an album to sell music. when you go to a gnr show you are buyng live music, including madagascar and the blues. so, again, you cannot compare mick wall and what he does to the "hired guns" there

I think what buzzsaw (and others are saying) is that Frank hasnt done anything to warrant the fact that he can use the GnR name to promote his crappy band...yeah he played a few live shows....but then again so did Fred Coury of Cinderella ...can he claim to be a former GnR Drummer? i dont think so

war wrote:

third, even if we call them a cover band, they still exist with or without mick wall where as the opposite is not true.

Well mick wall certainly has a career outside of GnR..not saying i like the guy or anything but GnR called him out huge on a song on a very high selling album...he's known as a dickhead reporter to a large portion of the world cuz of GITR...its just karma's a bitch right? Wall did some embellishing on a GnR article...Axl fired back and now mick is in the driver seat for the "battle" pretty childish IMO

i don't know how to sperate the quotes like that....

1. we can leave it alone then.
2. i was reposnding to what buzzsaw said about entire gnr and axl. nothing about just frank
3. mick wall can exist without gnr, yes. what i meant was he cannot exist without bands like gnr which is why people call journalists like him a leech when they don't like him. bands like gnr, on the other hand, would still endure without people like mick wall. not that i don't think journalists are important people - i just do not think they are as important or comparable to the artists they write about. i am into the music not the personal stuff they write about or any opinions they or anyone else may have. i do not listen to reviews before i watch a movie and i do not buy people magazine or kerrang, etc.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

AXL ROSE Book Author On 'Elliot In The Morning'; Audio Available - Feb. 28, 2008 

British rock journalist Mick Wall, who just released his new biography of GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose, "W.A.R.: The Unauthorized Biography of William Axl Rose", was recently interviewed by "Elliot in the Morning". Download the chat as an MP3 audio file at this location.

In a recent interview with Lafayette's daily newspaper Journal & Courier, Wall stated about the reclusive GUNS N' ROSES singer, "Axl turned 46 last Wednesday (February 6). The last time he released an album of original material he was 29. Now he is closer to 50. THE BEATLES' career started and was over in half that time."

Published Feb. 7, "W.A.R." is available at Borders Books & Music and Barnes & Noble Booksellers. Wall said the book's release near Rose's birthday was a coincidence.

Wall said Rose has "50 or 60 tracks recorded, enough for three or four CDs" and those leaked online or on bootlegs have been well-received from GNR fans.

"Officially put it out all online," Wall suggested. "Here it is. Take it or leave it. Then just move on. Put them out. It's a sign of madness that it has taken this long. It was kind of cool crazy in 2002 when he started to tour again. Now it's uncool crazy.

"The tracks I've heard, a lot of it is really good but the whole mystique is wearing away."

Read the entire interview at www.jconline.com.

www.blabbermouth.net

Board footer