You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Claim About The Finished Album Sucking (Ross Halflin)

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
JonathanvonDoom wrote:

I'd like to know how this has deteriorated into a bloated pissing match for people to try and argue their opinions as fact with such condescending "I will word this better than you and therefore I am right" glee. Some of us like the leaks, really like them. Apparently some of us don't. That's all. I really, really like them. I'm not wrong. And so ... thank you. Go back to talking about the guy who claims to have the "finished" album.

I totally agree. I was thinking the same thing before I read your post. It's like how does a thread start the way this one did and then turn into me getting told (again) how superior Slash & BH are to GNR's current guitarists???

Getting back on track; Mick Wall and Ross Halfin are douches.

It ends up that way because it's how the majority of the people seem to feel.  It's nothing personal and you're more than welcome to feel the way you feel.  Just because most people don't agree with you doesn't mean you're wrong.

I'd like to know whay everybody in the media who won't lick Axl's nutsack gets called "douches" or some other senseless name.  Instead of wasting time on those guys, why don't you address the people that are really the problem: Axl's yes men. 

As for war, if the first 2 parts of something are so bad that you don't want to even listen to the rest, that's objectively saying it sucks.  It doesn't take eating an entire field of onions to know that you don't like onions.  It's your opinion he's not qualified or wrong, it's not a fact.  Don't try to tell me what I'd agree with or how the recording process went because you know nothing about either subject.  22

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
JonathanvonDoom wrote:

I'd like to know how this has deteriorated into a bloated pissing match for people to try and argue their opinions as fact with such condescending "I will word this better than you and therefore I am right" glee. Some of us like the leaks, really like them. Apparently some of us don't. That's all. I really, really like them. I'm not wrong. And so ... thank you. Go back to talking about the guy who claims to have the "finished" album.

I totally agree. I was thinking the same thing before I read your post. It's like how does a thread start the way this one did and then turn into me getting told (again) how superior Slash & BH are to GNR's current guitarists???

Getting back on track; Mick Wall and Ross Halfin are douches.

It ends up that way because it's how the majority of the people seem to feel.  It's nothing personal and you're more than welcome to feel the way you feel.  Just because most people don't agree with you doesn't mean you're wrong.

I'd like to know whay everybody in the media who won't lick Axl's nutsack gets called "douches" or some other senseless name.  Instead of wasting time on those guys, why don't you address the people that are really the problem: Axl's yes men. 

As for war, if the first 2 parts of something are so bad that you don't want to even listen to the rest, that's objectively saying it sucks.  It doesn't take eating an entire field of onions to know that you don't like onions.  It's your opinion he's not qualified or wrong, it's not a fact.  Don't try to tell me what I'd agree with or how the recording process went because you know nothing about either subject.  22

1. saying it sucks would be an opinion. every album has fillers and if he was only willing to listen to the first 2 songs i would, personally, have the opinion that he would not be able to give an objective review of THE ALBUM. you cannot be objective about something you have not heard, that's for sure.

2. yur right - i do not know what you know. but was i wrong about the 2 things i said you/most would agree with? do you not think that guitars are a vital part to the rock genre? do you not think that any majority of rock songs would be boring if you took out the lead guitar and listened to them? please correct me if i am wrong. as far as the recording, you are right again. i was not there. but maybe i could e-mail one of the members who were and find out for sure if twat was written with the intnetion of having guitar work in it. although if i asked such a stupid question i don't think even ron would respond to that one.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

1. saying it sucks would be an opinion. every album has fillers and if he was only willing to listen to the first 2 songs i would, personally, have the opinion that he would not be able to give an objective review of THE ALBUM. you cannot be objective about something you have not heard, that's for sure.

While I agree with what russ said, I also have heard albums where I hated the first 2 songs so much that I didn't care about the rest of it.  I would gladly tell anybody that the album sucked so bad that I couldn't even get through the first 2 songs.  If I missed something and it's that good, someone will surely correct me down the road.

war wrote:

2. yur right - i do not know what you know. but was i wrong about the 2 things i said you/most would agree with? do you not think that guitars are a vital part to the rock genre? do you not think that any majority of rock songs would be boring if you took out the lead guitar and listened to them? please correct me if i am wrong. as far as the recording, you are right again. i was not there. but maybe i could e-mail one of the members who were and find out for sure if twat was written with the intnetion of having guitar work in it. although if i asked such a stupid question i don't think even ron would respond to that one.

You're (not surprisingly) taking what I said out of context.  To be fair, the majority of rock music today doesn't really have what I would call a lead guitar.  If you can't recognize the difference between the role of the lead guitar on say Estranged vs the role of lead guitar on (insert modern rock track here), then we can't even try to have a discussion on the issue.  As for Ron's opinion, I'm going to go out on a limb and say he wasn't there when TWAT was written, so his thoughts are no more valid than yours or mine.  I'm not saying the song wasn't written for something like that at the end...I'm sure it was, but BH created something special that from what I've seen, none of the other guys in the band could have created and it fits the song.  I don't think Slash could have created something that fits the song that well, so it isn't a Slash bias and I don't like that I'm "defending" BH..

war

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

While I agree with what russ said, I also have heard albums where I hated the first 2 songs so much that I didn't care about the rest of it.  I would gladly tell anybody that the album sucked so bad that I couldn't even get through the first 2 songs.  If I missed something and it's that good, someone will surely correct me down the road.

war wrote:

You're (not surprisingly) taking what I said out of context.  To be fair, the majority of rock music today doesn't really have what I would call a lead guitar.  If you can't recognize the difference between the role of the lead guitar on say Estranged vs the role of lead guitar on (insert modern rock track here), then we can't even try to have a discussion on the issue.  As for Ron's opinion, I'm going to go out on a limb and say he wasn't there when TWAT was written, so his thoughts are no more valid than yours or mine.  I'm not saying the song wasn't written for something like that at the end...I'm sure it was, but BH created something special that from what I've seen, none of the other guys in the band could have created and it fits the song.  I don't think Slash could have created something that fits the song that well, so it isn't a Slash bias and I don't like that I'm "defending" BH..

yur a pretty intelligent sounding guy when you are not trying so hard to disagree : )

war

war wrote:

that was an opinion by the way
lol

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I believe Halfin has heard it. He's had info in the past that was correct. If memory serves me correct, he heard Libertad before it was released and didn't praise that album either.

The album is probably going to leak soon.

Thank God.

The journey is coming to an end.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Are you really Jameslofton?

I can't see this as a sign that the album will leak soon. I'm still not convinced that it exists in a finished and numbered format.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If Halfin says he's heard it, he's heard it. When he mentioned listening to LIbertad before it was ever released, I didn't see the community saying it wasn't true. Now that its some "myth" he's heard, people are skeptical.

There's really no logical reason not to believe him. The whole world isn't waiting with baited breath to hear this thing. Its just a few thousand die hards, none of which Halfin is interested in impressing. A man like Halfin with an impressive resume gains nothing from lying to a couple thousand nerds on the internet.

If he's heard the album, he's heard it. Period.

Just because he doesn't like the album doesn't mean he hasn't heard it. If he was raving on the quality, everyone would be doing cartwheels.

The universe isn't going to explode when people hear this album, and hopefully this is the first reality check for the part of the fanbase that thinks their life depends on this, and will walk on water while listening to it on their Ipods.

Its just an album. Its been heard. Just like all other albums before and after it.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Even if he has heard it that doesn't mean it's about to leak. And again it doesn't have to be the album in its final stage. It could be completed tracks but not with interludes or in proper order (not saying that to defend his comments ont he quality, just saying the done-ness of the album is always up for interpretation).

I hope it leaks today. But I don't expect it to leak, well, ever.

Board footer