You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Claim About The Finished Album Sucking (Ross Halflin)

tejastech08 wrote:
war wrote:

even if he listened to the leaks he should have gotten past the second song. this is untrue or he is the most unqulaified person in the world to judge music. i gotta go out on  a limb and say that the leaks are better than the rest of the music on that list. gunslinger and atari legend also bring up good reasons for why this is bullshit.

"Good Times Bad Times" by Zeppelin is better than any of the leaks.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
war wrote:

even if he listened to the leaks he should have gotten past the second song. this is untrue or he is the most unqulaified person in the world to judge music. i gotta go out on  a limb and say that the leaks are better than the rest of the music on that list. gunslinger and atari legend also bring up good reasons for why this is bullshit.

anybody can judge music, even a three year old, its about a person's personal musical tastes not about qualifications

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
war wrote:

that's cool. personally, i'd rather listen to several of the leaks than that particular zeppelin song.

war

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
war wrote:

anybody can judge music, even a three year old, its about a person's personal musical tastes not about qualifications

not true. there are qualifications to being an actual judge or critic. a three year old wouldn't have them nor do a lot of adults for that matter.  he is not supposed to be a critic though and therefore his opinion is his perogative no matter how narrow it may seem to me. my point was to whoever wishes to stay positive, not to let this get them down for anyone who only listens to 2 songs of an album before taking it out is obviously not giving it a fair chance and we shouldn't put any stock in his opinion.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't understand why people are acting shocked that an album has been listened to. Axl played the album at parties and strip clubs for two years. You don't think someone with connections in the industry was able to have a listen?? Gimme a break. Its not the holy grail to the billions of people outside these forums.

For all we know its the album that should've been released in 02.

I believe Halfin simply because listening to an album isn't parting the Red Sea and if there is even a full album's worth of songs in existence(and we know there is), then people are going to hear it.

GNR fans need to come back down to earth. Months before Kala even had a release date there were various media peeps who got a hold of a copy of the album and previewed it. Her fans weren't shocked or in denial because its just an album. No one thought it was lies. It didn't leak then either(took about 3 months for that to finally happen).

As already mentioned, only a few thousand people care about this. CNN could announce as breaking news that Ross Halfin heard CD and the world would yawn while a few thousand people drooled over their keyboards.

As far as Halfin not liking the material, thats his opinion. He's entitled to it. Halfin cant get past two tracks? Well I know I can at least make it through eight tracks.

russtcb wrote:

Isn't Halfin the guy on the Metallica BTM talking about how great Metallica are and how much GNR suck?

That's the guy - I actually watched it a couple of days ago.

Jameslofton wrote:

As already mentioned, only a few thousand people care about this.

I'm not going to get into a huge argument here, because I've already done that so much in the past, but...

A few thousand? I think you definitely underestimate GN'R when saying something like that.

I know the reality, I'm not completely biased, but trust me when I say that there will be more than a few thousand people that will care about Chinese Democracy once it's up for release - if it happens in the near future.

That's what it all comes down to. Time.

Well that's just the thing, IF it happens in the near future, hell if it happens at all.     I do think if/when CD is released it will be huge news among the music community and then we'll see how it does.

war

war wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I don't understand why people are acting shocked that an album has been listened to. Axl played the album at parties and strip clubs for two years. You don't think someone with connections in the industry was able to have a listen?? Gimme a break. Its not the holy grail to the billions of people outside these forums.

For all we know its the album that should've been released in 02.

I believe Halfin simply because listening to an album isn't parting the Red Sea and if there is even a full album's worth of songs in existence(and we know there is), then people are going to hear it.

GNR fans need to come back down to earth. Months before Kala even had a release date there were various media peeps who got a hold of a copy of the album and previewed it. Her fans weren't shocked or in denial because its just an album. No one thought it was lies. It didn't leak then either(took about 3 months for that to finally happen).

As already mentioned, only a few thousand people care about this. CNN could announce as breaking news that Ross Halfin heard CD and the world would yawn while a few thousand people drooled over their keyboards.

As far as Halfin not liking the material, thats his opinion. He's entitled to it. Halfin cant get past two tracks? Well I know I can at least make it through eight tracks.

well, i can't speak for anyone other than myself. i just don't believe this guy cause he contradcits himself on a regular basis. i agree with you that others have heard it, though.

plus, if this guy had it it would have leaked by now

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

There's certainly something odd about this, he said the album was amazing only a few months back, now he couldn't get past 2 songs. Weird. My biggest concern is that he heard the leaks when he described it as amazing and now he does have a finished version it's nauseatingly over produced and not as good. I don't really care if he's heard or not, plenty of people have heard it, Baz said in a recent interview that loads of people have heard it so someone with Halfins connections I'm sure wouldn't have too much trouble getting to listen to it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
war wrote:

plus, if this guy had it it would have leaked by now

He didn't leak Libertad.

Board footer