You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GIGWISE Lists Axl Rose as #42 on top 69 Front Men and Women

Neemo wrote:

ohvd52.jpg

42. Axl Rose of Guns n Roses - As he stalks the stage waiting for the drumbeat to come in Axl Rose is fairly unassuming. When that beat comes in, and the multiple riffs start up however, something changes and Rose suddenly becomes one of the most appealing and distinctive musicians in history. He's unforgettable to look at and undeniably talented as a lead vocalist. (wenn)

http://www.gigwise.com/gallery?page=28&id=41209#gallery

Howlin' Pelle Almqvist before Axl Rose?

No.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

just nobody tell James that MIA made it to #19 16 oh shit i just did it 17

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:

I think most people easily place Axl in the top ten front men of all time.

I would but I think what hinders a list like this could be the temper tantrums on stage, making crowds wait, walking out of shows and causing riots.

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I would but I think what hinders a list like this could be the temper tantrums on stage, making crowds wait, walking out of shows and causing riots.

Axl is hardly the only one who has done that in music history - but I do see your point.

I still believe that he's underestimated, though.

CrimeSlunkScene wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Axl is hardly the only one who has done that in music history - but I do see your point.

I still believe that he's underestimated, though.

Have you seen alot of video's from past concerts?   He has stopped songs to yell at people in the audience, beit diserved or not, 3 riots and most people feel he makes the audience wait too long.

I am not saying I have a problem with it, I am just saying he has most certainly done these things and it could hinder his place in numbers for a best frontman type thing.

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I am just saying he has most certainly done these things and it could hinder his place in numbers for a best frontman type thing.

At which concerts did he yell at the audience recently? I think it happened once or twice in Brisbane last year because someone threw a bottle/cup of beer on him.

Either way, I agree with you, and that's why I said that I see your point - even though it might not have been clear enough.

I'm sorry about that.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

He did it a lot in 06 and 07, stopping songs to have someone kicked out or in some cases security 16 They're not all on youtube but route through the 06/07 tour archives and read peoples reviews there's a lot of shows he stopped a song halfway through for whatever reason.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Why do you ask when he's done this recently?  This has to be an all-time list.  If it was a current list, Axl wouldn't even be make it.

Board footer