You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: New Official Website?????

war wrote:

www.gunsnrosesonline.com

it's been so long since i settled down to just a few gnr websites so i do not remember from my site searching days if this site was around back then.

never the less........

It's newly decorated and henceforth different than gunsnroses.com but it appears to be the same exact everything as to when gunsnroses.com was more utilized. the store that this site links to is at the same address as well.

my questions are these:

Is this site official?

and, if so:

Is this a new official website?
or
Is this a slightly updated official website?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

it has all the old archives of the www.gunsnroses.com website including del's infamous pulled article featuring the setlist picture showing the names "if the world" and "prostitute"

no idea if its official or not...geffen still has www.gnronline.com and its as useless as ever and i checked the code on this other site and i couldnt find any copyright other than www.gunsnrosesonline.com

very strange....

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

It was fan-made last year when we checked and it looks like the same people own it now as did then.  It was one of the better fan-made sites around at the time... here's the registration info:

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: GUNSNROSESONLINE.COM
Created on: 19-Oct-02
Expires on: 19-Oct-08
Last Updated on: 19-Oct-07

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration GUNSNROSESONLINE.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration GUNSNROSESONLINE.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.BENESOL.BE
NS2.BENESOL.BE

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

odd though for a fan site no? to just copy everything word for word from the original site with no other text?

thanks for researching though BS

war

war wrote:

very odd, neemo. also, i am surprised noone noticed this sooner. according to the info this site was last updated in october of '07 .

and thanks for digging backslash

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Great, maybe someone decided to take matters into their own hands and keep a real log of everything official that has been posted on the official site.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

at least it looks better than the "official" official one....and the videos work for a change....

I would say based upon the Del article with the setlist pic being posted I would say it's a fan site.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Something I tried to post here last night:

After a bit more digging, I find that whoever owns it registered the site through a proxy.  So that really doesn't prove it doesn't belong to the band.  Fishing through the internet archive, I see that between October 2006 and April 2007, the site redirected to gunsnroses.com.  Before that it caused a lot of confusion at various sites when we were all anticipating a new website launch...  Now it looks like GNR could own it... otherwise the band could sue and have all the content removed for breach of copyright.

war

war wrote:
Backslash wrote:

Something I tried to post here last night:

After a bit more digging, I find that whoever owns it registered the site through a proxy.  So that really doesn't prove it doesn't belong to the band.  Fishing through the internet archive, I see that between October 2006 and April 2007, the site redirected to gunsnroses.com.  Before that it caused a lot of confusion at various sites when we were all anticipating a new website launch...  Now it looks like GNR could own it... otherwise the band could sue and have all the content removed for breach of copyright.

good job man!
"and the mystery takes another turn"

Board footer