You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bumble4tus
 Rep: -3 

Re: Thoughts and conspiracies

Bumble4tus wrote:

OK, forgive the fuck out of me if I posted this in the wrong place

TOOL gets even...... the band Tool got even with all the media wannabes and bootleggers that had plagued them in recent months...they used the media and internet against itself-

They fabricated a name for their "next" album and came up with a bogus list of songs-then they sat back and watched as the gossipmongers and people that seemed to know it all made fools of themselves.

They did this not once but twice, having the last laugh on the parasites that were preying on this band..
"bootlegs" for the nonexistant album were issued as well as illegal merchandise such as Tshirts.

Phony insiders discussed the album at length claiming to have heard tracks.
I bet watching the media buttfuck itself was amusing as hell-I wonder if anyone ELSE has thought of this??

TOOL also attempted to get out of their contract when their label changed hands,being as they neglected to name TOOL among their Artists..

The Recording Industry is a sinking ship..NIN went freeagent in October, Radiohead did it before that.

I do believe THE album CHIDEM is still in negotiations, due to the rapidly changing situation of the recording industry.

I think Tool had the right Idea..Fuck with Those that Fuck with you!

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Radiohead isn't free agent. NIN went free agent in an attempt to be more fan friendly and more fan interactive... something Axl hasn't and will never do. Axl would gladly screw each and every one of us out of our last dollar if he could.

The NIN thing makes Guns look even more bleak and crazy. Trent, one of the worst frontmen when it came to fan treatment in the 90s... long waits between albums, periods of deep silence, has gotten clean and recognized what a great artistic oppurtunity he has, to have thousands waiting and willing to help NIN. Axl still can't get over his ego, fear, whatever... he makes no connection to fans, and seemingly resents our attention (while dissing our intelligence) and blames us when there aren't any ex-bandmembers or managers around.

TooL would be tools for fucking with fans like that, but then again, most tool fans (and all that I personally know) are dickheads.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

problem is... Geffen has paid Guns N Roses 10+ Million dollars for the album that has yet to be released so i dont think it'll be easy for axl and guns to walk away and become independant...

one of the rumored things is of course that GnR signed for a 3 album deal back in '99 some (such as myself) have hypothesized in the past that Axl is working on the "trilogy" to complete the deal and move to another label (or strike out on their own.) I had guessed a few years ago now that maybe they would release the trilogy in one fell swoop then move to sanctuary...but since then sanctuary has been merged into Geffen of course...after sanct went under though i suggested that maybe geffen buying up sanct was part of the negotiations (for geffen to get publishing royalties back) I'm also guessing that Geffen wants one of their men in there to manage the band, and possibly the sticking point to that is that Axl wants to self manage the band..

but who the fuck knows whats going on though right?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

most tool fans (and all that I personally know) are dickheads.

hey! tongue

part of the thing that makes tool great is that they have been able to blur the lines of myth and reality...something that i think Axl has/is trying to accomplish..though tool seems to be able to do it in a much cooler way

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Radiohead isn't free agent. NIN went free agent in an attempt to be more fan friendly and more fan interactive... something Axl hasn't and will never do. Axl would gladly screw each and every one of us out of our last dollar if he could.

The NIN thing makes Guns look even more bleak and crazy. Trent, one of the worst frontmen when it came to fan treatment in the 90s... long waits between albums, periods of deep silence, has gotten clean and recognized what a great artistic oppurtunity he has, to have thousands waiting and willing to help NIN. Axl still can't get over his ego, fear, whatever... he makes no connection to fans, and seemingly resents our attention (while dissing our intelligence) and blames us when there aren't any ex-bandmembers or managers around.

TooL would be tools for fucking with fans like that, but then again, most tool fans (and all that I personally know) are dickheads.

I wouldn't underestimate Axl Rose if I were you.  He's a lot smarter than you think and he isn't in this for the money.  He's in it because he is a musician who cares about quality over quanity.  I wouldn't rule this Tool release idea out just yet.  CD is the most anticipated album of all time.  Axl will leave a mark in the music world once again when it's released.  How it's released is another story but I know it will make history.

Communist China

Abbey_Road wrote:

I wouldn't underestimate Axl Rose if I were you.  He's a lot smarter than you think and he isn't in this for the money.  He's in it because he is a musician who cares about quality over quanity.  I wouldn't rule this Tool release idea out just yet.  CD is the most anticipated album of all time.  Axl will leave a mark in the music world once again when it's released.  How it's released is another story but I know it will make history.

There have been times when I would agree with you, but now isn't one of those times. When is he working on the album? When is he actually writing songs? 96-99? MAYBE they wrote a song that will make the album in between 02 and 06, but I doubt it. He is a perfectionist in some ways, but writing and releasing only really good songs isn't one of those ways. His perfectionism applies only to production. UYI was overproduced and delayed due to Axl's "perfectionism", but there were still shitty songs on there.

CD is the most anticipated release of all time? Maybe a couple years ago. Now, people don't really care. It may or may not be number one when it's released. It may or may not go double platinum. It may or may not be really good. But it certainly will not have any influence on what kind of music is popular. If you disagree with that, you're wrong. 50 year-olds who blend up 10 year old styles don't revolutionize the music scene.

Bumble4tus
 Rep: -3 

Bumble4tus wrote:

What I posted about TOOL is absolutely true,what I get in return is bitching and moaning from C.C. all opinion not a bit of FACT-someone give CC a Pacifier and a life with a meaning, please...you know what they say about vicarious existance,and you can't always get what you want..tough!

Mr. Mod Neemo
Actually Reznor has a history of not getting along with his Recoding Companies,and when it came time to renew,he said no to Interscope. Fact.

and yeah he is supposedly clean, I used to be a big fan-with teeth was a let down.....nothing in the realm of Downward spiral, and no songs with the power of Head like a Hole.or HURT.....and he reminds me of henry rollins minus the tattoos.

There is no doubt the recording companies are diving like the titanic...change has to come, I was commenting originally about TOOL's ability to fuck those that would fuck with them..theparasites, the hanger's on and the naysayers...fair weather fans,kinda like what GUNS has now!
I'm sticking hard and Fast by GNR, until I hear an official statement and not the same old recycled crap of wanna be insider info...

Peace!

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

There have been times when I would agree with you, but now isn't one of those times. When is he working on the album? When is he actually writing songs? 96-99? MAYBE they wrote a song that will make the album in between 02 and 06, but I doubt it. He is a perfectionist in some ways, but writing and releasing only really good songs isn't one of those ways. His perfectionism applies only to production. UYI was overproduced and delayed due to Axl's "perfectionism", but there were still shitty songs on there.

CD is the most anticipated release of all time? Maybe a couple years ago. Now, people don't really care. It may or may not be number one when it's released. It may or may not go double platinum. It may or may not be really good. But it certainly will not have any influence on what kind of music is popular. If you disagree with that, you're wrong. 50 year-olds who blend up 10 year old styles don't revolutionize the music scene.

Guns n' Roses will always be revelant.  If you don't think so then you are dreaming.  Look at the Billboard positions for GH.  That right there tells you that GNR is and always will be revelant.  People still care about GNR and still wonder what Axl is up to and if you don't think so, just look at everytime someone mentions Axl in their interview.  People read it more.  Axl Rose will always be revelvent because he is the sole person left in a band that impacted music history so people will always be curious as to what he wiill do with Guns n' Roses.

Communist China

Bumble4tus, are you calling me, and current forum goers, fair weather fans?

Communist China

Abbey_Road wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

Guns n' Roses will always be revelant.  If you don't think so then you are dreaming.  Look at the Billboard positions for GH.  That right there tells you that GNR is and always will be revelant.  People still care about GNR and still wonder what Axl is up to and if you don't think so, just look at everytime someone mentions Axl in their interview.  People read it more.  Axl Rose will always be revelvent because he is the sole person left in a band that impacted music history so people will always be curious as to what he wiill do with Guns n' Roses.

Yes GN'R will always be relevant. But to a lot of people this isn't even Guns N' Roses. GH is doing very well because it has WTTJ, NR, Patience, SCOM, PC, LALD, KOHD... CD will not have those songs. It also won't have Slash.

NIN will also always be relevant. PHM, Broken, TDS, they have all put a major influence on the music scene (greater than GN'R's influence, although of course not greater than GN'R's fame). Bands that sound like NIN come out every day, and many have been quite successful. BUT, that didn't make YZ debut ahead of Avril Lavigne, and it didn't push it to a platinum level.

Board footer