You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Re: Scott says VR is finished after this tour on stage in Glasgow?! :(

Seven wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

So, not very useful criticizing people really, is it ?

What i am curious about is wether they have a singer in mind now Scott has publically declared himself out ?

I think they never saw this coming. .After reading their press recently I don't even like the rest of the band that much... They seem Affected...to the point of paralysis... and well being from a ring in this family tree,,, i am not always that nice...but then again neither are they... here in was the issue same for Steven....

I think Scot has a chance to really process what he wants to say...  I always liked his solo stuff to hear him back with STP after a hiatus... YEP... that could be big.

He never was that negative about the others guys possibly doing a reunion one day was he?... There is only one door to that....Back to one boys...Maybe you'll get it right next time. (or the next x7)

Love ya Jess you know me i tend to process things a little more aggressively...

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Only heard stuff by that Brett Hestla guy as I youtubed him. I had never heard of Dark New Day before but they seem to play the same kinda stuff as Korn. I dunno, the guy might be a fit, might not. He definetly doesn't seem to scream best fit for guys like Slash and Duff in terms of vocal style but then again neither did Scott. Here's a vid of them:

Not really my taste to be honest.

God i hope it's not him.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I've spent enough brain power and money on this turd called VR. What a waste it turned out to be

too true unfortunately 19 5

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I wonder what was going on? Seems Scotts ego has been too badly damaged and he struggles with the fact that Slash is easily the biggest star in VR

I wonder if Libertad's irrellevancy on the music world and essentially being a flop contributed to Scott wanting to leave to walk right in to a newly hyped band's reunion & probable album release.

Either way, it may be the best thing for all involved. As long as VR get a better fit for singer.  Hopefully one who knows a bit about guitar & writing tracks. Dave Kushner may be a nice guy & everything, but I don't think he adds anything to this band. Gilby Clarke would probably be a better fit. I'm not trying to say he'd be a savior or anything, just that Libertad's guitar tracks were kinda weak & shallow.

Good point on the Libertad thing and probably true.

I don't care about Dave one way or the other but that's probably a bad thing. I wouldn't mind seeing someone else brought into the fold.

I like what Dave played on Contraband (from what I could make out in the bad mix), but I HATE his playing on Libertad. So much so, that if I ever listen to it, I turn the balance over to just hear Slash.

I'm sorry, but fart-sounding guitar doesn't make for good guitar tones, especially alongside the almighty Slash, who unfortunately hardly has any presence on Libertad anyway.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm one of the few that actually likes Libertad (though admittedly i haven't listened to it in a couple months).  I think the album is good, but in a much different way than people expect when they hear Slash playing.  It's not his best work and he gets lost in the mix from time to time (which should never happen), but I'll take it over anything by Nickleback or other "rock" bands of today,

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm one of the few that actually likes Libertad (though admittedly i haven't listened to it in a couple months).  I think the album is good, but in a much different way than people expect when they hear Slash playing.  It's not his best work and he gets lost in the mix from time to time (which should never happen), but I'll take it over anything by Nickleback or other "rock" bands of today,

I totally agree but doesn't that just suck in a way?

Yes, it completely sucks.  I wonder if this is how people in their 20's and 30s felt in the early to mid 80s?  They were coming off The Beatles, Stones, Zepplin, Sabbath, etc and were stuck listening to the new wave movement in the early 80s followed by hair bands.  Maybe there's another revolution coming (and no, Axl won't be leading it).

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think Libertad is a really good album, I still listen it like once in 2 weeks. Slash sohuld have been given more space, but I dig the "danceable" vibe and without Scott they can make a pretty great album. 22  Slash has so many options... doing a solo album, another VR with another singer (and rhythm guitarist? Gilby Clarke appeared at the Brixton show yesterday...) or team up with Izzy and do that GN'Rish album they wrote. 22

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

What did gilby replace dave or just come on stage?

I'd LOVE to see Slash and Gilby back together...i liked that pairing a lot.

Board footer