You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Who should be the next singer for VR?

Von wrote:

Michael Monroe is a god, but his place is in Hanoi Rocks, not a resurrected VR.

Jerry Cantrell would be cool as vocalist/guitarist. That's assuming they replaced Dave, too. We've covered the three guitars thing.

Honestly? Billy Idol. I'd dig it.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

This talking picture show is leaking from a silhouette
She said my man you know it's time to get your fingers wet
Your hustle's busted when you can't afford a cigarette
The last I heard from you, you were screaming handle it

I don't think that Velvet Revolver will exist anymore after Scott leaves.

A new band? Perhaps. I would love to see it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Seven wrote:

She said my man you know it's time to get your fingers wet
Your hustle's busted when you can't afford a cigarette
The last I heard from you, you were screaming handle it

RHCP??! You're implying Anthony Kiedis, yes?

I'd love it, but alas, not gonna happen. I wouldn't seeing a "Revolving" use of singers. Each doing 1 song. There was a Mike Watt album (bassist for band The Minutemen) that rotated singer, guitarists etc. Everyone from Eddie Vedder, to Evan Dando, to Henry Rollins to the Beasties sung a song. Cool album, I wouldn't mind seeing VR go that route. Although, I think Slash is planning on that for his solo project.

Grohl & Kiedis, not gonna happen. Cornell I still think there's a chance at it.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

i'd go for cornell too but i don't know what he's currently up to and if he'd fit the style. he has a great voice and i like his lyrics. but still, i don't think he's a real candidate. remains to be seen

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
supaplex wrote:

i don't think he's a real candidate.

I know what your saying, but if he isn't, who is??

My thing is he probably has the right of first reusal. In otherwords, if he wants to give it a shot, they'll welcome him in. If he doesn't want the gig (which is possible & probably what you guys are getting at) then yeah, he wouldn't take it or publically be offered.

I'd just like to see something happen quicly. Pick up a new singer & move on. That probably won't happen though, VR will just dissolve into oblivion for a while. We'll see.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

i'd like too see them get someone else and continue on but, as you said, that might not be the case. slash has his solo cd in the works and duff is indifferent, he's got a "whatever happens happens" attitude at tthe moment i think.

you know what i think is really twisted? they're still out there playing gigs and we're already picking other singers to replace scott 16

an unknown person i think is out of the question considering they've tried that before scott got into the ecuation and it went nowhere.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

To be honest, the fact that we're all choosing new singers shows that loads of people want the band to continue without Scott, and whilst I do like some STP stuff and think Scott is great on that, I'd prefer them to get a new singer.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:
Seven wrote:

She

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I doubt cornell would join because imagine how the questions would go - like "Is this Audioslave Ver2" kinda thing - and VR already cop supergroup monkier questions that they don't like...

He's also said he wants to do solo stuff not be in a band....But damn...It would be interesting if he did!

Board footer