You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Motley Crue Discussion

Axl S wrote:

There's a thirty second sample of a new Motley Crue song circulating around the web. Here it is:

If this has to be removed then remove it but until then enjoy. It sounds a lot more like older material than stuff like Sick Love Song so here's hoping for a good set of new songs by the Crue.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Musically it sounds ok, but the lyrics seem a bit wanky. Still, I'll wait to hear more before writing it off.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

It reminds me a whole lot of "Wildside".

I think it sounds alright.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, lyrics are a bit weak, but overall not too bad.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Eh I wont base anything off 30 seconds especially not lyrics. But with the Crue you never got those amazing deep lyrics. I am sure Nikki was some good shit written. I like this sample a hell of a lot better than the previous new songs on the Red, White, and Crue album.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Musically I like it ok, some of the guitar work is vintage Crue but the songwriting iw off.  Not that the Crue will ever be mistaken for the poet laureates or anything but I've heard MUCH better quality song writing than this by them.  At least it's getting closer to the classic sound...that's a good thing.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:

MÖTLEY CRÃœE: New Song Available For Streaming - Apr. 11, 2008 

A new MÖTLEY CRÜE song, entitled "Saints of Los Angeles", is being streamed exclusively at Spinner.com. The song is expected to be the first single off the band's ninth album, "The Dirt", which is tentatively due on July 8. The single will arrive at radio stations in early May.

Several registered members of MÖTLEY CRÜE's official message board previously commented on a 28-second leak of "Saints of Los Angeles", with one fan describing the track as "definitely that elusive cross between 'Shout at the Devil' and 'Dr. Feelgood' we always heard about." Another board user writes, "[it] reminds be a bit of the 'Sick Love Song' [a track that was included on MÖTLEY CRÜE's two-CD 'greatest hits' collection, 'Red, White & Crüe' in 2005] style of material, but has a 'Wildside' vibe. I'm glad to see the CRÜE go back to a classic/heavy sound while not sounding like 'New Tattoo' [2000]. This is the style they should stay in."

"The Dirt" is based on the band's 2001 memoir of the same name and will be its first all-new studio effort since 2000's "New Tattoo". 1997's "Generation Swine" was the last to feature the group's original lineup, which reunited for a successful world tour in 2005.

Although it was reported last fall that drummer Tommy Lee had again quit the CRÃœE over legal issues, he and the group have reconciled.

Bassist Nikki Sixx wrote in a recent online update, "10 songs done for the new CRÃœE album so far, I'm very proud of the songs. I think we're onto some of the better songs we've had in years...Time will tell, of course. A couple of song titles on the CRÃœE album are called 'A Scar On Hollywood Boulevard' and 'The Saints Of Los Angeles'... The chemistry in the studio as we're writing is unbelievable."

The CRÜE recently denied a post at Robin Leach's Las Vegas gossip blog which suggested that the band had signed a three-album, three-tour deal with Live Nation for $100 million. Although the source of the rumor was reportedly singer Vince Neil, bassist Nikki Sixx said in a statement, "MÖTLEY CRÜE has not signed any deals to tour or record whatsoever. Any information to the contrary is 100 percent incorrect."

The management company that represents MÖTLEY CRÜE told BLABBERMOUTH.NET that rumors about the band headlining a festival-type tour called "Cruefest" are "blatantly false and completely unfounded," although the company, 10th Street Entertainment, did admit that the band's press conference scheduled for April 15 in Los Angeles will involve at least "a few" of more than two dozen acts. Rumors began circulating about a so-called "Cruefest" after the CRÜE revealed that it will make a "colossal announcement" on April 15, with other 10th Street bands like BUCKCHERRY, DROWNING POOL and PAPA ROACH reportedly on board.

A "video teaser" for the press conference and contest '” which appears to contain images of MÖTLEY CRÃœE, BUCKCHERRY, PAPA ROACH and SIXX: A.M. '” can be viewed at this location (Quicktime required). 

MÖTLEY CRÜE is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.spinner.com/2008/04/11/motle … -premiere/

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

For those who can't use the AOL thing. I'll be honest I really like the sounds of this and if the rest of the album is like this, it is a definite 08 purchase.

Board footer