You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: What's your day job?

Backslash wrote:

Just like at the old forum and all the rest... What do you do for a living?

I'm a Business/Accounting student.  I'm in my 2nd last term.  When I'm done (May) I'm heading to Calgary to work as an accountant with Shell Oil.  Currently, I work about 20 hours a week, split almost evenly marking papers/exams for a prof and "working" as a computer lab assistant.  The lab assistant job is a joke!  Especially now that this term they have 2 of us on in the evenings.  We're there to help students with computer and printing troubles and the like.  Definitely the easiest money I ever made.  I usually end up studying or on ROV.  Sometimes I mark papers while I'm working there, so then I'm technically making double-time!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

I work in TV broadcasting.  I am in charge of all IFC's [Independent Film Channel] long play programs such as movies and series and get them prepped for air.   I used to be in charge of all of Bravo's programming and was apart of the launch of such shows as Queer Eye For The Straight Guy, Blowout and Celebrity Poker all of which was great to be apart of, IFC is boring compared to Bravo.   Bravo no longer airs out of our building but networks such as WE [Women's Entertainment], AMC [American Movie Classics], FUSE, Voom HD channels and various regional sports channels air out of our facility.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

www.jr937.us - click listen live, and you'll hear what my day job is! big_smile

(I'm a radio DJ and make little to no money for the pleasure!)

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

I'm pretty much a full time mum although I do exercise horses for a pittance.  Which is OK because I'd do it for free anyway.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'm an architectural technologist. Aside from having a job title with the most letters in it 16 i work in an architects office managing projects from a conceptual phase to construction. I do work on anything from single famly dwellings up to highrise condos.

can be really exciting, can also be stressful and extremely busy

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I'm an architectural technologist. Aside from having a job title with the most letters in it 16 i work in an architects office managing projects from a conceptual phase to construction. I do work on anything from single famly dwellings up to highrise condos.

can be really exciting, can also be stressful and extremely busy

Cool stuff, Neemo! My girlfriend is going to college for architectural engineering.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm a recruiter for the world's largest disability insurance company.  I hire for finance/accounting, enrollment, and all the high level positions that become available in our service operations group.  That usually allows me to hang out here while on the phone with candidates.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I need a new day job - just got laid off sad

Board footer