You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Velvet Revolver "fires" Scott Weiland

PaSnow wrote:

Scott's just trashing his old band to build up hype for his next one. He did the same thing to STP when he left for VR, trashing them, saying shit was bad etc... and the DeLeo brothers were left like "It was? Really?! Where were we when all this stuff went on"

Scott lives in a make believe world. Hopefully VR finds a better singer anyway. And yeah, it'd be cool if STP put out some new material, if it was good that is.

PS.  I wonder if Bach will make a counterstatement??

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Scott's just trashing his old band to build up hype for his next one. He did the same thing to STP when he left for VR, trashing them, saying shit was bad etc... and the DeLeo brothers were left like "It was? Really?! Where were we when all this stuff went on"

really? do you have a link?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Ok im feeling calmer now! LOL

The other thing about making these kinds of comments...is all it does is alieniate fans.

Like surely a bunch of people who like scott and stp, also like VR (and wont just start hating the other memebers), or like sebastian or axl or the old GNR songs. I dunno i feel the same about the slash vs axl debates...i personally love both.

So i feel the same here. I like original GNR, i like the leaks of the new gnr, I like VR, I like STP, I like sebastian...pisses me off when they talk trash about each other!

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Scott's comments about Axl awhile back really put him in the shitter for a long time as far as I was concerned. Finally, with the release of Libertad, my excitement for Velvet Revolver came back. I always loved the band, mind you, but Scott's immature behavior always put me in a weird spot. I'll support the ex-Gunners no matter what, but their frontman had a tendency to piss me off. Now, as an artist I always loved Weiland and STP. I'm super excited to be seeing STP this summer. But here we go again with a Weiland statement that leaves me really conflicted. See, I love Baz. I don't get the dig at him. I don't like the digs at Slash for Guitar Hero. I just ... you hit it onthe head, monkeychow. As a fan, Scott constantly leaves me feeling alienated.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

There you go folks. We have final confirmation: Scott is a tool.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

its on the official VR site now

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i dunno think how hard must it be for the guy...hes been slandered across gnr fan sites for nearly 5 years

then his own drummer rips on the guy and the band takes his side....i really kinda feel for him for being dumped cuz of "personal problems" when in reality they all have had their share....Slash just got out of rehab and apparently so did matt...then duff was rumored to have been in rehab after the contraband tour

i guess its cuz the others didnt compromise the band or their tours? but if you listen to scott the first aussie tour was cancelled cuz of matts "personal problems"

coming out of rehab its too bad that they couldn't have been a bit more understanding...then again scott was a bit out of line claiming the band was done on stage publically obviously without consulting with the rest of them

I mean i can see both sides but scott isnt any worse than the rest of them...specially matt cuz he was the one that ran his mouth about Scott first

I dunno i guess i'm one of the few people that was really truely a fan of them...i think both albums are fantastic...and of the 2 i still prefer libertad

i'm really saddened by this breakup cuz i feel they had more great music in them as a group

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't think Scott ever fit the band.  I like Scott and I like STP, but he just didn't fit in with the sound Slash and Duff excel in and they didn't fit the sound Scott excelled in.  They are all talented and all things considered did very well together, but it was never going to be as great as the sum of the parts because they couldn't all shine on the same style of music.  This move is in everybody's best interest even though neither side will admit as much.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I'm glad. I really dig STP but Scott in my opinion never worked with these guys. Both albums are average in my personal opinion and I always expected so much more form them. I really think it was bad chemistry between Scott and the band right formt he get go that limited their ability to blow us away with amazing records.  I look forward to seeing who they get for a singer but PLEASE GOD not Sebastian Bach!  It would  simply reak as a gimmick and make them come across as stale and dated which they are clearly not. Would it produce great music? In my opinion no. I just see a Velvet Revolver that includes Sebastian Bach,  bombing.

I heard Axl is doing fuck all these days. Maybe they should give him a  call.

Board footer