You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Velvet Revolver "fires" Scott Weiland

Neemo wrote:

in the end all it means for me is more music to follow...i can hope for a new stp disk...and i'm pretty sure scotts second solo disk will see the light of day, then slashs solo disk and finally a new project for duff, slash and matt....whether they remain vr or not

thats alot of tune-age 9

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

then his own drummer rips on the guy and the band takes his side....

I didn't read what Matt posted as slandering Scott at all. He just said that being on the road takes it's toll in some people ie. Scott, but they were still forging on anyway.

Scott's response to Matt was completely childish, and only made him look like a a bigger tool than he already was.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I think he means Matt's comments in RS.

Thank U VR Crew, Goodbye Scott
04.03.08 | Comment?

Hey Friends, Want to give a very special thanks to our amazing crew, These are the guys and girl that work there asses off bouncing around on a tour bus then getting up after no sleep to set up all the gear, get the dressing rooms ready, food for the crew and band etc etc. Hard working dedicated people who love the traveling rock n roll show. They are the foundation of Velvet Revolver. Love U guys!!!! And as you all know by now it was our last show with Scott Weiland It was great to be in the UK and Europe playing for all you great fans. Thank you for your support as well as your passion. you people go crazy and we love it. Took some pictures with my girl In Amsterdam before we left for the airport today. Feeling good about the future. Going to get back to work right away on some new music and hope to have exciting news soon.
As for Scott I wish him well.
Stay Tuned!!!!!!
Love, Matt

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

DJ Scully of Smartass Radio conducted an interview with Sebastian Bach on Wednesday, March 5.

Sebastian Bach - 'I Just Got A Phone Call That Literally Changed My Life' 18

remember that one? that was after he announced he was gonna be opening for Poison

Neemo wrote:

remember that one?

"Sources close to the band have indicated that former Skid Row frontman - and close personal friend of Axl Rose - Sebastian Bach looks set to front the band, although nothing has been officially confirmed."

http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/04/its_off … ut_of.html

I don't believe that it'll happen, though.

As I've said before, I even doubt that Velvet Revolver will continue after this.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

OMG...i can only hope its true.

I know some will say that it will dismiss them to being a nostalga band and that sort of thing. But to be honest...while I do like VR, at times with minimising of Slash, the repedative structures of scott, it was all so modern sounding...and there would be no harm in the band (well slash, matt and duff) going back to the sounds that made them famous. They could still push the envelope and do new material without loosing their best traits.

With sebastian at the helm would be awesome. He has the power to deliver screams and such similar to Axl, yet, unlike a 200x scremo band leader,  he can also actually sing and is quite musical. There would be a lot of potential for good music.

I suspect Kerang is just going off interent rumours and scotts comments though.

I'm susposed to see Sebastian on May 22 - be awesome if he announced something at the show...(sounds dumb but he gave away thay he'd be back with GNR when he played a solo show here last - and before that tour was official...so he isn't against occasionally sharing the knowledge)

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The ONLY reason I'd be ok with Bach is if it somehow helps to bridge the gap between Slash and Axl.  VR with bach would be a nostalgia act, and if I'm going to have that, let me have the original GnR back together.  2008 - 2010 CD and a VR album, 2011 GnR reunion.  2012 - the end of the world.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

You might be right. I seem to recall he wasn't chosen last time because the music sounded too much like Skid Row with him singing.

Not that skid row isn't call, but i think the guys want to put their own new unique stamp on stuff rather than create psyudo GNR or Skid Row kinda songs. Shame cos i'd prefer some GNR or Skid Row material to most of the modern stuff. IMHO vr's best songs are the ones closest to their old sounds...

Board footer