You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Dreams

Gunslinger wrote:

Dreams really fascinate me, always have.  Even today we don't really know why we dream (lots of speculation but no hard facts) we only know it is vital to our well being. 

One interesting thing about dreams is how we differ in the way we dream.  Some people dream in color, some only in black and white.  Some of us are lucid dreamers (being aware you are dreaming and having the ability to control the dream) and some have never had this happen.  Then there is the subject matters of dreams itself.  I know I have often dreamed the same dream or at least about the same basic subject (a person I don't know in the real world, this house I've never seen outside of my dreams, etc), sometimes years apart!!

What's your dreams like?  Anything you find interesting involving the subject of dreams?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I do know that I dream in color

Do you dream in red?? (PJ reference..) j/k

I posted this at the old site, I'll repost it here. I'm a huge believer in dream interpretation. I've found this site fairly accurate yet not too vague either.

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreambank/

Just type a subject & click "interpret". For the most part, I usually just type something that was in it (a horse, snake, plane etc). Mine are usually almost real, with twist of things that are fantasy. I can usually guess what it means. One time, when I graduated college I got an apartment in a pretty boring area, and almost knew in the back of my head it was a dumb idea. Sure enough, I think it was the first night I dreamt I got a horse. WTF would I do with a horse?? After a while I realized I think it meant the apartment was too burdensome, and something I don't want or need, and probably a mistake. I only stayed there about 7 months before leaving and foregoing my deposit.

Funny story, one guy at work here was telling me he had a weird dream that he was chopping down a tree with his Dad (or something). I was going to tell him about this site, and interpret it, but I was afraid maybe it had a bad meaning, so I didn't want to embarrass him on the spot. After he walked away, I typed it in, and it said "He was beginning to feel like he didn't accomplish as much as he should have, and that he didn't really try his hardest in life". Pretty funny, cause I can see how it would be fitting to him.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I only dream in black and white (not really, but I like Iron Maiden...).

Dreams are messed up because we can't really explain them.  To me it's crazy that the mind can make you sense things that aren't there at any time, but it's even more crazy that it happens while you sleep.  While you rest the rest of your body, your brain is most active.

I've always shared the view that dreams are actually a gateway to a dimension that the conscious can't detect.  I don't really think that random impulses to the brain conjuring up sensations and very real emotions makes a whole lot of sense.  Especially when you haven't experienced them before.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ The best dreams are the one's I wake up, and I wish I could go back to. Where it seemed like a better life over there.   22

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the only time i remember my dreams is when there is blood everywhere 18

I next to never remember my dreams and when I do they are always bizarre.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I wake up a bunch during the night and say "I should remember to tell people about that dream" but I always end up going back to sleep and forgetting.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I only dream in black and white (not really, but I like Iron Maiden...).

Dream of Mirror ROCKS!! Good call BS. 9

Backslash a.k.a. New Kids on the Block's #1 fan wrote:

Dreams are messed up because we can't really explain them.  To me it's crazy that the mind can make you sense things that aren't there at any time, but it's even more crazy that it happens while you sleep.  While you rest the rest of your body, your brain is most active.

I've always shared the view that dreams are actually a gateway to a dimension that the conscious can't detect.  I don't really think that random impulses to the brain conjuring up sensations and very real emotions makes a whole lot of sense.  Especially when you haven't experienced them before.

I have to agree with that BS.  I do believe that your thoughts, memories, etc do play a part in what you dream and sometimes even are simply the pieces put together in a rough sort of "play" but there are other times when there is more to it.  Crimes have actually been solved from someone dreaming the information (like what happened at the crime, where the weapon is now, etc).  I've also dreamed about things before they happened.  I really believe the dream world is another reality of our existence that we simply don't understand as well as the "waking" reality.  Life after death is a very common belief and I'm not sure that this world that we call "Dreams" may not be that life itself.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

^^ The best dreams are the one's I wake up, and I wish I could go back to.

you can go back to the dream. i know i can. it might sound weird but sometimes, i don't know how it happens exactly, i wake up and i get back to sleep and the dream goes on big_smile

i have dreams that seem so real that even when i wake up i can't believe that it was only a dream.

there's a couple of themes that keep returning:
1. when i was younger i used to have this recurring dream where me and my mom would fall from the balcony of our apartment and the balcony would fall with us but we always grabbed the branches from the trees and then i wake up before we get to the ground
2. one theme that occurs in the present is that i am on the street or leaving my home and start walking around and i suddenly look at my feet and i have no shoes on only my socks and i'm in the middle of the city on the street. but at the moment i realize that i am not disturbed about the fact and i continue walking but after some time i freak out because of it and that's when i wake up.

the second one seems very very real to the point that it makes me want to look at my feet when i wake up 16

and sometimes there's people i know in my dreams, friends of mine that haven't met each other, and they speak with one another like they know each other for a lifetime.

anyway, i think the dreams are triggered by our own desires, fears, emotions. the brain takes all the good feelings and people that you care about and mixes them up (like ingredients in a cake 16 ) and comes out with different combinations of certain parts of your life that otherwise won't happen (for example my friends that never met but in my dreams are together). hard to explain. good topic

Board footer