You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

war wrote:
WARose wrote:
Backslash wrote:
war wrote:

in which case bumblefoot may be done for the time being as well since he was replacing bucket.

IMO bucket/fortus is the best combo available so that would be cool with me

Would be cool to go back to a guitar tandem.  If they do that and drop a keyboard player, it would look like a real band again.

it should be bucket and finck however....  sorry, i don`t see fortus great talent. is it because he managed to play the rocket queen and first november rain solo live? i guess most fortus fans like him because he resembles izzy...

face it, fortus is probably the only member of the 2002 gnr line up, that could be replaced by anyone. even pitman and dizzy shouldn`t be underestimated.

if finck leaves, now even the harcore fans of the new band won´t support this mess anymore (after the hardcore fans of the old gnr stopped 10 years ago obviously...)

on the contrary, fortus is the only one that can accurately play every guitar part from any gnr song in it's original form without destroying it. that includes bucket's parts. bumblefoot turns everything into a shred contest and finck just isn't diverse enough to cover some of the originals. and that's leaving out his key and timing issues that he has. fortus is a great rythm man. even if what you say is true that he lacks talent, with bucket on lead all you need is fortus.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Finck should cover The Clash's "Should I Stay or Should I Go" on the first date of the NIN tour.......

or theory of a dead man....make up your mind 16

Make up your mind and I'll make up mine
Don't worry about me, I'll be fine
Those words that you said to me, why wasn't I listening?
I wish I hadn't met you at all, I started thinking
I'll sit back and relax and wait for the morning

We'll wake up, we'll make up and do this for the last time
We'll wake up, we'll make up and do this for the last time
If we break up, we'll wind up losing both of our minds
So wake up, let's make up and do this for the last time

war

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I agree that a Finck departure is a major blow to the CD era fanbase. He is the one that the younger gen of fans(and some older as well) identify with in that role. Love him or hate him, Finck leaving creates a void that will be difficult to fulfill.

However, there's a pot on my stove that's cooking, and it smells like a reunion.

Axl hires new management

VR implode

Finck's status up in the air and not available for at LEAST a year

Other CD era members doing their own projects

Do the math.

was thinking the same thing but didn't want to open that can

dream lineup:

axl
slash or bucket
izzy
tommy s
brain
dizzy

tracy and roberta 14

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

on the contrary, fortus is the only one that can accurately play every guitar part from any gnr song in it's original form without destroying it. that includes bucket's parts. bumblefoot turns everything into a shred contest and finck just isn't diverse enough to cover some of the originals. and that's leaving out his key and timing issues that he has. fortus is a great rythm man. even if what you say is true that he lacks talent, with bucket on lead all you need is fortus.

wow...are you for real? did you see gnr in 06? i Ron did half the show on an acoustic playing rhythm along with Fortus

anyway BH aint coming back either...i dont think anyway besides in 02 BH wasnt really a centre peice so much as an accessory, like NR for example i dont even think he was on stage at the show i went to until he part came up in the outro ... he also hung out in the shadows alot...his highlght was definately his solo peice

war

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

wow...are you for real? did you see gnr in 06? i Ron did half the show on an acoustic playing rhythm along with Fortus

anyway BH aint coming back either...i dont think anyway besides in 02 BH wasnt really a centre peice so much as an accessory, like NR for example i dont even think he was on stage at the show i went to until he part came up in the outro ... he also hung out in the shadows alot...his highlght was definately his solo peice

i love ron's acoustic and rythm work. i was referring to his leads. he would be a great rythm choice as well but i do not know if that is what he is looking for.

i am not sure about the show you went to but i think he is a good centerpiece/lead guitarist. he makes up for his lack movement on stage with personality (his appearance mainly) and amazing leads.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I didn't really want to open the reunion can of worms either, but the recent developments the past couple weeks creates for the first time a feasible scenario where it can happen.

Even the most hardcore CD era supporters cannot deny the possibility of one taking place.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

i love ron's acoustic and rythm work. i was referring to his leads. he would be a great rythm choice as well but i do not know if that is what he is looking for.

i am not sure about the show you went to but i think he is a good centerpiece/lead guitarist. he makes up for his lack movement on stage with personality (his appearance mainly) and amazing leads.

i dunno i like rons style though i admit that he does get a bit too insane at times...but if i could play like him i would too 22

about BH what i meant was that BH was just kinda hanging out playing his stuff...and until it was his part he was pretty much not noticable...but your right when he was playing his leads you couldnt ignore him...

Robin even then though was the guitarist with the most leads...bumble basically was basically doing the same parts as BH had before....from what i remember...though i dont recall bh doing the rhythm stuff much hmm hey gimme a break it was 6 years ago...i went to Toronto both times BTW

war

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

Robin even then though was the guitarist with the most leads...bumble basically was basically doing the same parts as BH had before....from what i remember...though i dont recall bh doing the rhythm stuff much hmm hey gimme a break it was 6 years ago...i went to Toronto both times BTW

both shows were great, weren't they?

war

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I didn't really want to open the reunion can of worms either, but the recent developments the past couple weeks creates for the first time a feasible scenario where it can happen.

Even the most hardcore CD era supporters cannot deny the possibility of one taking place.

i sometimes ponder whether that may be the hold up with axl and this album. i picture him having second thoughts every time the album's release becomes pheasable. i wonder if he wants a reunion but doesn't know how to take the first step.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

both shows were great, weren't they?

oh yeah but still they were different....02 seemed to be more volatile...more electric....06 seemed stable and energetic

whats shows have you been to since this CD rollercoaster ride began?

Board footer