You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

Honestly, I thinkt his is great. Aaron North shit all over the NIN catalogue and this is really Robin's thing. He is the undisputed best lead guitarist for NIN ever. If Trent is sober, and Robin's on stage with him, it'll be one hell of a show. Can't fucking wait. I HAVE to go to Toronto for this.

As for GN'R, whatever, he could still be on board in some capacity. I hope he still is in GN'R and that this won't derail album plans. But if it does... well, maybe it'll leak.

EDIT: That picture is of him in the studio. I can't imagine it's a pic of him with GN'R and it looks very recent. Could it be that Robin is contributing to NIN in studio as well? It wouldn't surprise me if a new EP of NIN music surfaced during the tour. That would be cool. But also bad news for Guns.

madagas wrote:

well...that begs the question, when are you expecting it? After a decade of hope, how can you actually have a realistic expectation of another timeline? Jan 09, Dec10? 8 years from now!!!!!:flame:

its a good question.   i have no fucking idea.   year after year its still not out, your guess is as good as mine.  I'm hopeful, but haven't been expecting it for a while now.   I'd go fuckin crazy.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dunno i havent gotten my hopes up over anything in a while...though my interest was starting to pique with all the recent press....

but damn last time robin left was because the album was nowhere in site...and as you can see by the articles i posted about the incident in 99, there definately wasnt a split on good terms ...Robin said he was fed up with it all and axl said he felt betrayed and even had otehr eguitarists come in to redo all robin's parts

I hope we get some kind of word from the gnr camp within the next week here...i'd at least like to know if its done in good will or not hmm i know Axl doesnt "owe" us anything but man, he should at least do it out of courtesy hmm

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

People tend to forget that it was ridicolous even in 1999-2000 that Axl wasn't able to put out a record. Why is it so hard for him? He's in his middle 40s, not a child... Axl should release scrap this whole madness if he doesn't release his album this year. He should have scrapped this project years ago, though. I'm not a Finck fan, not at all, didn't like him back in the NIN days, but him returning to the Reznor camp isn't a good sign for Chinese Democracy. Well, everybody knows that tongue It' a shame what my favourite band and singer has become.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Well, this pretty much derails 2008 and any free Dr Pepper, so I suppose we should just hope for one other thing this year. More leaks 9

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Just another bump in the road to Chinese Democracy. My guess is that Trent only invited Robin back to get his hands on some Chi Democracy demos so he could leak it and get one over on Axl 14

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Well I hear that Slash is looking for a new vocalist and it looks like Axl could be looking for a new guitarist.....  Maybe they could meet up at Canter's Deli and see if they hit it off together 16

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Doesn't mean anything one way or the other in my opinion.  We all know that even IF C.D. were to come out this year it would be LATE this year.  Robin will probably see how NIN is looking and if GNR is looking better that's where he'll be...if Axl is still fucking around for a release "soon" a few months into the tour and Trent wants to record new material (he's very prolific) Robin will very likely say "bon voyage".

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Doesn't mean anything one way or the other in my opinion.  We all know that even IF C.D. were to come out this year it would be LATE this year.  Robin will probably see how NIN is looking and if GNR is looking better that's where he'll be...if Axl is still fucking around for a release "soon" a few months into the tour and Trent wants to record new material (he's very prolific) Robin will very likely say "bon voyage".

atleast one person gets it.

the album is done. axl doesn't need robin right now and he won't until gnr tours again which would be late '08 at the earliest. if he is still on tour with NIN axl willget him back or replace him if he has to. this will not effect the release of the album.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I said this a couple weeks ago when I posted the NIN tour dates and it got no play. My feelings are hurt.

Board footer