You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

elmir wrote:

A few interesting things i found on Robin's website....when you dig a little deeper....

ok, the site was done by these guys: http://rmnet.com
i think they're doing his new one too.....so when you visit them, you can see their work for other people too...

wasn't there a "theory" bs statement about some photographer on mygnr who someone else claimed had done work for gnr for the new design of cd?

anyway, when checked out, this photo snapper....http://www.ceaphotography.com comes up on the list of "clients" that media house has.....and guess what?
in her portraits section, our dear Robin appears a few times....interesting?

well, almost as interesting as the fact that another "client" of these guys is a film house which can be visited on http://lowellnorthrop.com/ and nothing spectacular there, other than some commercial work...but when you check out their short films section...you get another GNR reference in there....

now...not saying that this is some breakthrough, but in recent years it has been shown how members of GNR have been recommending their friends for some GNR work....Frank Ferrer being the last example of that....Brain was brought on by Bucket...Baz suggested that Bubbles loser.....and so on and so on....

perhaps this type of a culture went on behind the scenes in production too?
maybe these guys know a bit more than us and have done some work for them other than what is obvious?

it just seems weird that seemingly unrelated clientèle's of this studio with no connection to each other whatsoever other than the fact that they all use the same supplier have some sort of a gnr interest or referrence in their portfolios....

am i just going crazy, or is this making sense to anyone else?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Aussie wrote:

We definitely ain't seeing CD anytime soon (not that I thought otherwise).

I am proud to announce the final personnel lineup of nine inch nails for the foreseeable future. We've added, we've subtracted and we've wound up with unquestionably the strongest lineup I've EVER had. Joining me onstage will be Robin Finck, Alessandro Cortini, Josh Freese and Justin Meldal-Johnson.
We've been working on something really special for these shows and so far I couldn't be happier with the results. We'll be revealing some live performances shortly here on nin.com - in the meantime, we've posted some photos from rehearsals up on Flickr here.

Meanwhile, I assume some of you may not be entirely familiar with the acts I've chosen to join us on various legs of this tour, so we've compiled a sampler EP for you. CLICK HERE to download this for free. If you like what you hear, be sure to show up early to the show (and please remember to support them by purchasing their music, if so inclined).

Best,
TR

Some pics of Robin rehursing as well:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nineinchnails/

If anyone needed confirmation that Finck is out of GNR, that statement is pretty much it.

elmir

elmir wrote:

shit, two out of five guys in that band are ex-gnr members....that's almost half a band....hectic....of course, they were in nin first.....but still....its quite a statistic...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, Finck and Freese in NIN and BH and Brain in Praxis.

So much talent just tossed aside...

elmir

elmir wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

So much talent just tossed aside...

lets hope not....after all...Axl did pay for their services....lets hope that he kept what he paid for....and judging by recent "reports"....chances are good that he would....hold thumbs....

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I see there has been some editing at HTGTH. I don't know why they edit out news that is in the public domain. Its so silly, we all know it, so why ignore it. Even better GNR should know by now what the fuck Robin's intentions are.

Sky Dog wrote:

as stated before...long gone....Elmir, Freese was in Gnr years before he ever joined NIN.:haha:

Sky Dog wrote:

and for the record, I don't think that is me as a new HTGTH member...must be an imposter or I was blitzed last weekend and signed up during a blackout.:nervous:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

and for the record, I don't think that is me as a new HTGTH member...must be an imposter or I was blitzed last weekend and signed up during a blackout.:nervous:

haha i was wondering that

anyway Robin is in NIN for the foreseeable future...and last we heard from GnR they didnt know and didnt wanna speculate about Robin's future with guns....

i thinbk Robin said "fuck it all" and just left, its obvious that NIN is moving forward and doing something...Guns just kinda do nothing for extended periods of time, its obvious Robin just wants to be busy

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

i thinbk Robin said "fuck it all" and just left, its obvious that NIN is moving forward and doing something...Guns just kinda do nothing for extended periods of time, its obvious Robin just wants to be busy

They don't need to speculate now, it seems Trent has taken care of that job.

What is interesting is whether they feel they need him back in order to release Chinese Democracy or if they can simply press on without him.

Assuming he is definitely out for good, what will happen? Will they recruit a new semi-lead guitarist?

Board footer