You are not logged in. Please register or login.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

alexh0618 wrote:

I honestly dont care about the gnr situation anymore. If it comes out I'll buy it but whatever. I was gonna go see NIN this summer anyways and this just makes it loads better. I'm so fucking excited right now!!! I always wanted to see a Trent/Robin version of NIN live.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

enter the bucket 3

honestly, i don't know if i should be pissed. if he decides to stay with nin i don't care anymore.

until there's something out there with him as gnr he's a touring guitarist as far as i'm concerned. just like everybody else who played in this revolving door of musicians that is called guns n' roses. like someone said earlier, my favorite band has become a laughing stock. i'm disappointed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Doesn't mean anything one way or the other in my opinion.  We all know that even IF C.D. were to come out this year it would be LATE this year.  Robin will probably see how NIN is looking and if GNR is looking better that's where he'll be...if Axl is still fucking around for a release "soon" a few months into the tour and Trent wants to record new material (he's very prolific) Robin will very likely say "bon voyage".

No, we didn't know it. As it takes 8 weeks to release the album and it's only early April, a summer tour had been possible till this Robin thing came out.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:
war wrote:

the album is done. axl doesn't need robin right now and he won't until gnr tours again which would be late '08 at the earliest. if he is still on tour with NIN axl willget him back or replace him if he has to. this will not effect the release of the album.

This must be the most hilarious thing I've ever read on this forum. How could Axl go on tour without his lead guitarist ?

The only way this is not going to affect the release of the album is if there was no release planned...

supaplex

supaplex wrote:
starsko wrote:

The only way this is not going to affect the release of the album is if there was no release planned...

or if a certain someone might come back because of the release (now where's that buckethead smiley? james, we need a buckethead smiley!!)

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hmm...If he has left (and its an IF cos it might just be he is filling in time till CD)  I wonder what will happen to his guitar parts. I suspect its his studio work is where he shines.

supaplex

supaplex wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Hmm...If he has left (and its an IF cos it might just be he is filling in time till CD)  I wonder what will happen to his guitar parts. I suspect its his studio work is where he shines.

i don't think that's a problem as long as axl said bucket is still on the album. i guess they'd find a way around it if, huge if, they'd release it

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

how do we know that this isn't just for a few tour shows?

if the band is inactive, preparing for the release of the album, all the corporate mumbo jumbo doesn't require the lead guitar man to be present at every fucking boardroom meeting...

Richard is allowed to tour with other bands, its ok when Ron records his solo stuff, Tommy is cool when he releases records, but when Robin wants to do something, everyone gets up and freaked out about it...

until we get official letter from gnr's new management team that Robin has left the band, treat it as something part time, something he wishes to do just to kill time while he's waiting for Axl...

the man's gotta eat, and if Trent pays well, then he must do it...

supaplex

supaplex wrote:
elmir wrote:

how do we know that this isn't just for a few tour shows?
if the band is inactive, preparing for the release of the album, all the corporate mumbo jumbo doesn't require the lead guitar man to be present at every fucking boardroom meeting...
Richard is allowed to tour with other bands, its ok when Ron records his solo stuff, Tommy is cool when he releases records, but when Robin wants to do something, everyone gets up and freaked out about it...
until we get official letter from gnr's new management team that Robin has left the band, treat it as something part time, something he wishes to do just to kill time while he's waiting for Axl...
the man's gotta eat, and if Trent pays well, then he must do it...

we're just talking around it, we haven't kicked robin out but ron or tommy solo don't come close to the popularity of nin. you don't go back and forth between two very big bands like it's a normal thing to do.

and the US tour is going 'till september. we're barely in april. the record is done. how long are they gonna sit on it until they'll release it? i guess they like to fuck with us until we don't know what's going on anymore

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

i know....i'm just trying to stay positive...

but its not working too well.

Board footer