You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

Abbey_Road wrote:
madagas wrote:

Robin won't get any royalties from CD......maybe publishing money if  songs he has writing credits on are played on the radio or whored out to movies and advertising.:cool:

ps I do agree that Robin got fed up like countless others, for whatever reason, and simply said fuck off.

And one question is still to remain.

Will Axl rerecord Robin's parts because he left?

Don't forget, in Axl land, everything has to be perfect and have utopia.

In our land (realists) we know that perfection is never acheived.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:
madagas wrote:

Robin won't get any royalties from CD......maybe publishing money if  songs he has writing credits on are played on the radio or whored out to movies and advertising.:cool:

ps I do agree that Robin got fed up like countless others, for whatever reason, and simply said fuck off.

Why would someone spend all this time on a record and only settle for publishing money?  That's stupid on their part.

So who makes the money then Axl?

So all that talk about Axl not being motivated by money then is a crock of horse shit?

tongue

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Robin was a salaried employee of Axls, and was getting paid the last several years for his studio time & being in the band (I think they were annual salaries, regardless of time in the studio). Also, I'm sure he made a ton the last two years in touring. I forget myself, but Madagas may be right, it may be that the band got a salary but do not get royalties.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:
madagas wrote:

Why would someone spend all this time on a record and only settle for publishing money?  That's stupid on their part.

So who makes the money then Axl?

So all that talk about Axl not being motivated by money then is a crock of horse shit?

tongue

When you're a contract emplyee, you don't get all the benefits.  You get paid for your contribution and whatever you've done is owned by the company (or Axl in this case).

Sky Dog wrote:

"Since 1992, the parties have executed various amendments to the Recording
Agreement, including most notably, two amendments dated as of May 1, 1998. One
of these amendments, see Froeling Decl. Ex. D, confirmed Slash's and Duff's
departure from the band and their status as "Leaving Members" under the 1992
Recording Agreement, thereby relieving them of charges against their royalty
accounts for the enormous recording costs and other expenses being incurred by
Axl Rose (the only "Remaining Member" of Guns N' Roses)
in connection with
the recording of the new Guns N' Roses studio album. Slash and Duff, like Stradlin and Adler before them, retained a royalty interest in masters created under the Recording Agreement prior to their departure from the band. In the other May 1, 1998 amendment, see Hoffman Decl. Ex. A, Axl Rose
agreed, among other things, to deliver that new studio LP (which was even then
long overdue under the Recording Agreement) no later than March 1, 1999 and
received a substantial advance from Geffen in return. Hence, although other
individuals have joined Axl Rose in performing under the name "Guns N' Roses"
since 1998, Rose is the only principal in the band.

you can rest assured nothing has happened since 2004 to change that. EMPLOYEES.....but, Abbey, publishing money can be huge if he is credited for writing some hit songs. For instance, Robin certainly would have made some money if Better was used in that Harley ad. We are fairly certain that Robin will get a writing credit for that song. Thus, he would get paid if Harley used the song. Ultimately, they did not.:(

Now, to royalties (royalties generate from album sales at a contracted % under the recording agreement-which NO new members are a part of-see above), why would Axl incur ALL the costs under the recording agreement, then only take a portion of the royalties? Rest assured, Mr Finck and Mr Stinson don't have the money to help payoff 13 million in recording costs. They simply were paid a monthly salary by Axl and/or the record company. A lot of that 13 million went to paying for the band members salaries...see LOST ROSE Rolling Stone article for reference and the NY TIMES article....Sic...help???

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Here's something that worries me....at what point does Axl give up and snap?

Like on one hand I think like if GNR can survive Slash leaving it can survive anything. But at the same time...casting an objective view of who is at fault alide for a minute, you'd expect that from Axl's perspective...I would suspect Axl sees these kind of events as personal betrayals..and how many can he take before he looses it totally sad

Sky Dog wrote:

I think the point is that how many can he take before he looks in the mirror, accepts responsibility for the world he has created, makes amends with himself and others, and moves on in a positive direction. That is the point.....he needs to focus on the log in his eye and not the speck in the others eye. Jesus knew his stuff.:thumbup:

ps and losing Izzy (and maybe even West Arkeen according to Seven) was bigger than losing Slash. Izzy was the beginning of the end.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This is awesome. It's one of those little things that sets NIN apart. You know how easy it would've been for GN'R to take some rehearsal photos before the 06 tour? And get a sampler EP of opening bands with artwork and wallpapers? Must've been pretty easy. And the fanbase would've gone crazy over it. Seeing the band together rehearsing, especially with Axl there, would've made us all positive fans for a few days at least.

But Axl will never do that sort of thing. Which is a shame.

Yeah, this band is the poster boys for blown opportunities. On Trunk in 06, Axl mentioned the band rehearsing a brand new song leading up to Hammerstein.

A clip of that should have been posted on their site ASAP. They also could have created some buzz about who the next GNR guitarist was. They handled it wrong, and the only "buzz" achieved was fake insiders claiming John 5 was the guitarist.

Like Russ said, the realists(known on some sites as the "whiners") were always right, and very few people even bother to defend this mess anymore.

He looks so much cooler now... amazing, it's like all of the sudden he has charisma and presence.

He changes his style to suit his needs in each situation he walks in to. I don't call that charisma or presence.

I'm not knocking Finck either. I like him, but when you change your looks depending on how the wind is blowing, you lose a few brownie points as an artist.

Having said that, I hope this career move is a huge step in the right direction for him.

"Since 1992, the parties have executed various amendments to the Recording
Agreement, including most notably, two amendments dated as of May 1, 1998. One
of these amendments, see Froeling Decl. Ex. D, confirmed Slash's and Duff's
departure from the band and their status as "Leaving Members" under the 1992
Recording Agreement, thereby relieving them of charges against their royalty
accounts for the enormous recording costs and other expenses being incurred by
Axl Rose (the only "Remaining Member" of Guns N' Roses) in connection with
the recording of the new Guns N' Roses studio album. Slash and Duff, like Stradlin and Adler before them, retained a royalty interest in masters created under the Recording Agreement prior to their departure from the band. In the other May 1, 1998 amendment, see Hoffman Decl. Ex. A, Axl Rose
agreed, among other things, to deliver that new studio LP (which was even then
long overdue under the Recording Agreement) no later than March 1, 1999 and
received a substantial advance from Geffen in return. Hence, although other
individuals have joined Axl Rose in performing under the name "Guns N' Roses"
since 1998, Rose is the only principal in the band.

That's pretty much the "facts on the ground" regarding GNR.No pipe dreams, pie in the sky,etc., but reality.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Losing Izzy hurt the songwriting, but they could have hung around just off of reputation had they stayed active and not broken up even without great new music.  Losing Slash ended that option until basically 2006, and even then it wasn't anything special.  So I'd say Slash was a pretty big loss too.  Their place in music history was cemented by the end of the UYI tour and if there is a reunion, that will be proven.  If only Axl can draw a small crowd 12 years after the UYI tour with absolutely no new music, imagine what the real band could do with or without new music.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Here's something that worries me....at what point does Axl give up and snap?
(

That's already happened in my opinion.

Board footer