You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Axl Rose reality show proposed

Backslash wrote:

I'm not a reality show fan to say the least, but this would be very interesting... it would shed light on what exactly is going on behind the scenes as we wait for this album to come out.  Not that I'd expect Axl to agree to it, but I'd like to see the show.

Is Axl Rose Headed To Reality TV?

Written By Rick Ellis, Tuesday, April 8th, 2008

A major music-oriented television channel has pitched an idea for a reality series to Axl Rose, according to sources close to the project.

The show, which would appear on a cable channel that asked not to be identified, would follow the troubled rocker as his continues his decade-long effort to release the Guns N' Roses project "Chinese Democracy."

Rose has been laboring on tracks for the project on-and-off since mid-1994, and in both 2006 and 2007 gave several interviews promising the album would be finished "within the year."

The sound of Chinese Democracy has often reported to be industrial rock music similar to Nine Inch Nails and Ministry, a style that Rose had long been a fan of. But the tracks that have surfaced online show a variety of sounds, with tinges of everything from Ministry to Queen to classic Guns N' Roses.

According to sources at Geffen (Rose's music label) a version of "Chinese Democracy" has been finished and delivered to the label. But there are still outstanding issues between the singer and the label, not the least of which is a recording cost for the project which (depending on who you believe), has reached between $11 and $15 million. Another stickler is the digital rights for the tracks, along with some proposed "bonus" tracks Geffen would like to release digitally.

This reality show project would be part of a larger effort to build buzz for an album which faces a number of promotional hurdles. Rose's recent concert appearances have been erratic at best, and many fans of the classic Guns N' Roses lineup are going to require some persuasion before embracing this new sound. Rose is also not an especially "journalist-friendly" preformer, making promotion for the project even more difficult.

The new (still untitled) reality show would follow Rose and his band as they prepare for release of the album. It would include behind-the-scenes rehearsal and studio footage, as well as interviews with a number of the participants. "There is a lot of footage to choose from," said a network source. "Some of it is incredibly personal and revealing about Axl's life."

According to the network source, the deal for the show is "close, but not signed." Part of the holdup seems to be the timing, as the particpants want to integrate the show into a timeline with the leadup to the album's release, along with the announcment of a limited number of concert dates.

Efforts to get a comment from Axl or his management have so far been unsuccessful.

Source: http://www.allyourtv.com/0708season/new … lrose.html

EDIT: As per Jarmo, an Axl reality show isn't coming.... Of course, that doesn't mean one wasn't proposed.

Sky Dog wrote:

and the story gets weirder and weirder.....a "version" of CD has been delivered to the label? 10

Hmmm someone as private as Axl having a reality show, huh I find it hard to believe but if he needs money and desperate for CD promotion and me being a reality show junkie this would be the mother of all reality shows I've watched 5 3 9

Yeah, I don't think so...

Sky Dog wrote:

Double, you know luv Flav ....I actually watch some Flavor.:mosh:

This story isn't true.

/jarmo

Thank you.

Backslash

Backslash wrote:

While I don't see Axl wanting to become a part of this, the article sheds light on some of the issues that are holding this up... things we've assumed, but never knew 100%...

According to sources at Geffen (Rose's music label) a version of "Chinese Democracy" has been finished and delivered to the label. But there are still outstanding issues between the singer and the label, not the least of which is a recording cost for the project which (depending on who you believe), has reached between $11 and $15 million. Another stickler is the digital rights for the tracks, along with some proposed "bonus" tracks Geffen would like to release digitally.

Digital bonus tracks?  Cool.

Backslash

Backslash wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

This story isn't true.

/jarmo

Thank you.

How does Jarmo know?  Seriously... just because it isn't confirmed by GNR, doesn't mean no one's looking to get a reality show with Axl.  The story doesn't say anywhere that a reality show is definitely happening...

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

This story isn't true.

/jarmo

Funny how he got people quickly mailing him about shit like this but can't get a clear answer to the Finck situation.

Backslash wrote:

How does Jarmo know?

Well, the guy is usually right when it comes down to big things regarding GN'R.

I'm not (personally) saying that it isn't going to happen, but I really wouldn't want it to happen either.

Board footer