You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Axl Rose reality show proposed

war wrote:
DCK wrote:

And I'm sorry if I came across as an ass...

No no, my post could be interpreted the wrong way. smile

I like you people, you seem to be rather smart and you actually agree with what I say a few times. 5

are you two done making out yet?

:sick:

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
war wrote:
DCK wrote:

And I'm sorry if I came across as an ass...

No no, my post could be interpreted the wrong way. smile

I like you people, you seem to be rather smart and you actually agree with what I say a few times. 5

are you two done making out yet?

:sick:

Yeah, get a room.  13

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

This would be the dumbest idea for a reality show ever.  A reality show about how to not release an album wouldn't exactly be most people's idea of entertainment.  How long can they show Axl sitting at a piano doing nothing anyway?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Of all the rumours this one has to be the most ridiculous I have ever heard.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

This would be the dumbest idea for a reality show ever.  A reality show about how to not release an album wouldn't exactly be most people's idea of entertainment.  How long can they show Axl sitting at a piano doing nothing anyway?

Exactly. It would show Axl in a negative light however it would be done. You cant put a positive spin on 13 million in the hole over 14 years..

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

it would work and so i beleive that it has been thought of and maybe offered and i would watch it, you can bet that much. remember how everyone was going nuts when that documentary clip came out of the band. the one where axl is walking down the hallway and bumblefoot came out as axl was walking into the dress room and he walked right by him without saying hello and security jumped in like he was gonna attack axl or something.

i don't see axl agreeing to do it either.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:
Backslash wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

This story isn't true.

/jarmo

Thank you.

How does Jarmo know?

Probably because he was the one trying to get Axl to appear in a reality television series and was denied. 16

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:
Backslash wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

This story isn't true.

/jarmo

Thank you.

How does Jarmo know?

Probably because he was the one trying to get Axl to appear in a reality television series and was denied. 16

LOL

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

According to sources at Geffen (Rose's music label) a version of "Chinese Democracy" has been finished and delivered to the label.

It's done, says Beta, and in order to negotiate, Axl needs to preview it. Makes sense to me.

But there are still outstanding issues between the singer and the label, not the least of which is a recording cost for the project which (depending on who you believe), has reached between $11 and $15 million.

$13 Million under the Geffen/Interscope/Universal banner, from at least Aug '96 to Feb '04. Additional four years of production (Feb '04 - Dec '07) from Axl's own pocket, possibly another $2 Million or so. I wouldn't be surprised if Axl'd want his recording expenses to be covered before they'd go any further.

Another stickler is the digital rights for the tracks, along with some proposed "bonus" tracks Geffen would like to release digitally.

I believe this might have something to do with the publishing rights of the material. Axl sold his share of the publishing rights - which covers all music to be published from the CD sessions - to Sanctuary Publishing, and Universal inadvertedly got their hands on 'em during the corporate buyout.

Axl may argue that Universal doesn't have the rights, or simply flat out refuses to release anything beyond   the initial 13 tracks for the time being. He knows that the tracks are his only as long as he doesn't turn them over. After that, Universal's free to license them to whatever they choose.

Board footer