You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Everyone show your support for R o B i N with an exclusive new skin

buzzsaw wrote:

I originally meant that as a joke, but since we're on the subject...

I don't care that there is a Finck skin, I'm bothered that after ages of not having a Slash one, it was changed after a couple days to a guy I have little respect for.  Announcing it and giving people the option to use it was good enough, changing it for everybody was a little over the top.  Not everybody supports him.  Not everybody thinks he's good for the band.  He's been probably the most divisive member of the band since joining and not just because he "took Slash's place" in GnR.  His "style" (if you want to call it that) may fit some people's opinion of what the GnR sound is, but his constent butchering of the old material kills anything positive about him for some people. 

I get that some people like the new material, and therefore assume Robin contributed to it significantly.  I don't care for most of it, but more than that, I'm not ready to give credit to anybody other than Axl until more information comes out about the true writing process.  I find it very hard to believe that Robin wrote Better.  He may have come up with the riff (which I like) and one of the guitar solos (which sucks ass), but until proven otherwise, I'm going to believe that the entire song structure was written and arranged by Axl.

As for if Slash were somehow back in the band, I wouldn't want you changing everybody's skin to his either.  The skins are supposed to be individual preferences, not communist decision making.  One of the things I've always liked about this board is the right to feel however you wanted about things, not being told who to support.  Changing the skins automatically for people goes against everything this board stands for.

Sky Dog wrote:

Like I have said a few times in the past, until I see an album in stores, with writing credits attributed to other musicians  beside Axl, these guys are nothing more than interchangeable studio and touring hired hands/session players. I won't lose sleep over any of them leaving...including my man crush Tommy!:haha:

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
madagas wrote:

maybe there needs to be a Linda Perry skin for the new singer of Velvet Shite.:peace:

For a second there I believed you had some new information... turns out you're just teasing me, right? 13

I think it's great if Finck joined his old band again and would hold nothing against him if he stayed there permanently.   The man needs to work and be creative, not wait around for something to happen or be announced.   Good for him 5

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

sorry you feel that way buzzsaw sad it wasnt meant to be disrespesctful...its just a hot topic at the moment you are free tro change your skin back to slash or whatever one you want..and the standard skin will be back up in a few days as the default

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

support robin for what?? he coundnt even writte a couple of sentences to inform gnr fans about his temporary/permanent exit. there is so many ways now days - very little effort needed -  to let your fans know that you appriciate them.

It's just a damn skin.

Jeez...

Big Gun wrote:

support robin for what?? he coundnt even writte a couple of sentences to inform gnr fans about his temporary/permanent exit. there is so may ways now days - very little effort needed -  to let your fans know that you appriciate them.

Well he learned from the GNR never to do that for what 8 years now so why would this be any different.   Plus we have no clue what the situation is, no one is talking not him or GNR which is nothing new.   

So if you're going to get pissed at Robin for no update, then damn you must be pissed at GNR for very little crumbs we do get every year or so.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

not pissed at all. my post wasnt directed at anyone or the skin...i just felt like saying something thats all.

Big Gun wrote:

not pissed at all. my post wasnt directed at anyone or the skin...i just felt like saying something thats all.

Never said your post was directed at anybody or thing was just curious as to the statement 19

Board footer