You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: GnR Myspace bulletin " Del James signing at Dark Delicacies"

Tommie wrote:

Hello to all my people,

Hey man, Del James here... This Saturday April 12th at 5pm I will be doing a book signing for The Language Of Fear at Dark Delicacies in Burbank, CA. There ain't nothing more nerve-wracking than doing something like a signing and not knowing if people will show up for it. This is a party and I'm inviting you. Even if you already have my book, come on down. If you're an old friend or a new friend and you're anywhere near the Southern California area, please come visit me.

Besides yours truly, Amber Benson (Ghosts of Albion), John Eversone (Needles and Sins), and Jose Prendes (The Harbinger) will also be signing their latest works. Show them love too. For the uninitiated, Dark Delicacies is like the coolest bookstore around if you like all things dark.

Bring your credit cards and checkbooks because I guarantee you that you will find something cool that you just have to have!

Dark Delicacies
4213 W.

Burbank blvd
Burbank, CA 91505
818 556 6660

I replied back "Fuck you, give us some goddamn news."  16

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Someone should go to this and harass him for CD info.

Tommie wrote:

I replied back "Fuck you, give us some goddamn news."  16

i'm sure they are very greatful roll

some people need to grow up and realize they aren't owed a goddamn thing.

Tommie

Tommie wrote:

Lighten up dude.  You have to admit its kind of fucked up that with all the stuff going on in GnR world right now, the only thing they update us about is Del James doing a book signing?  Its almost as bad as when they updated us about the missing bike.  They cant give us any kind of update about the possibility of the longest serving member (besides Axl) leaving, but they can invite us to spend our money in order to support one of their own.

Tommie wrote:

Lighten up dude.  You have to admit its kind of fucked up that with all the stuff going on in GnR world right now, the only thing they update us about is Del James doing a book signing?  Its almost as bad as when they updated us about the missing bike.  They cant give us any kind of update about the possibility of the longest serving member (besides Axl) leaving, but they can invite us to spend our money in order to support one of their own.

do you honestly think sending GnR's myspace immature messages like that is going to a goddamn bit of good?   It just makes you look like a child.  and its certainly not helping anything.

Heres an idea, stop worrying!!   If they want to promote Del's book, so fucking what?   Did you ever stop to think that maybe some people are interested in going to this book signing?   but because you aren't, thats a good reason to send stupid fucking messages across the internet to whoever is running GnR's myspace?

Tommie

Tommie wrote:

For god sakes man, it was a joke. 

As far as feeling like I'm owed anything, its not that at all.  Its just called common courtesy.  They'd be stupid not to know that this business with finck is causing quite a commotion withe the fan base.  But instead of letting us know whats going on with our favorite band, we get an update on something that I'd be willing to say 7 out of 10 of us couldn't care less about.

i'm being hard on you because i really don't think sending the GnR people messages like that is going to do the fanbase any favors.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I doubt whoever runs the Myspace Gn'R reads any messages anyway, but yeah sending them messages like that isn't really accomplishing anything.

It's kind of like people who like to provoke other people by insulting certain band members and etc. smile

People are going to get so jaded by the end of this that by the time Gn'R gives a real update nobody will look at it because they think it'll be another Del thing or whatever.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:

Good to know there's nothing of more importance going on that they could use that system to update people on.

Obviously, they don't have any further information on Robin.

I don't really see the problem - even though I understand what people are saying.

I'm sure that they know what's going on, but just doesn't know what to say at this time.

Board footer