You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Del James comments on Robins status

Saikin wrote:

Sounds to me like Robin pulled a Scott.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Nah i think what it comes down to is the delay is some kind of legal BS between Axl and the Record company. There is no time frame for a resolution. If its deadlocked Axl may not know when it will be fixed, and if he does, he may not have told the band. So that mysteron statement sounded like robin was offered NiN gigs for a while, and is basicly taking the risk that he'll be able to do a NiN tour and get back sucessfully before GNR gets out of whatever deadlock it is in. Based on GNR history - there's a reasonable chance he could. 12 month delays are nothing in the history of this project. If axl becomes ready earlier - then robin will  decide what to do about that conflict of interst when or if it happens.

So i'd take that to mean that Robin is actually still in the band, but that, the band, or at least robin thinks that the band,  is going to do fuck all for another year or so at least.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Saikin wrote:

Sounds to me like Robin pulled a Scott.

Robin didn't disrupt a show to inform fans of his decision, he didn't refuse to play an encore until it had already started, and he's not a junkie that's pulling down the band members around him.

EDIT: People have been talking about how long NIN tours run. But we don't know this is a proper tour. The line between the WT tour and the YZ tour is hard to draw, and if there is a seperation then there never was a US tour for YZ. It's very possible that this spurt of touring is just for the US and Canada.

I don't see how setlists or shows would really be that different this time around. Not like Fragility or With Teethity.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Here that sound?......Exactly, we are in that wonderful key of nothing yet again.  It appears to be the most prolific "sound" coming from a very non-prolific ensemble that continues to dissipate each and every time we dare get an optimistic thought that CD may actually see the light of day.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
madagas wrote:

I remember you saying that and me scoffing at you...I still don't think it will happen but you are getting closer by the day! 18

Here is Mysteron's latest on the Robin situation:
"All of the band members (GN'R) are currently doing their own random projects, but because this is Robin and NIN everything changes because of their history

Let us be clear though. Robin has not intimated at any point that he has left GN'R, so there should be no reason to worry. Because Robin has 'rejoined' NIN for the moment, the press coverage of this will obviously promote NIN and their future endeavours, so Robin, NIN and whoever else will not act in any manner to stop this happening because, of course,  it benefits them, and as we all know, any promo is normally good promo.

Obviously if Guns were to become active then that would leave Robin with decisions to make, but I personally think would he would choose GN'R given the time and effort he has put into it them. I think, given the fact that NIN world tours tend to be short affairs anyway, Robin sees this whole thing as an educated gamble." 17:headbang:

translation- Gnr ain't doing shit for awhile.....

One thing is clear: Robin DOES NOT have a contract with GN'R anymore. The rest of Mysteron's post (except the freudian IF GN'R were to become active comment) doesn't mean more than any fan guess. It's a joke that they can't even reach their 'lead guitarist' or can't force out an answer what his priority is. However I really doubt that Finck would leave NIN in the middle of a tour, so either it's a very short NIN tour, or he doesn't want to waste his time on Axl anymore, or CD is nowhere in sight and Robin didn't risk too much when he was 'gambling'.

Anyway, Axl was really pissed off whn Slash was touring with Snakepit and in the past dcades every player had Axl's blessing on their solo projects (or that could have been easily scrapped like a HNB pub tour). It's clear that Finck didn't tell Axl about the NIN thing. I don't know if he had to, cause like I mentioned I'm sure he doesn't have a contract with GN'R anymore. So why inform your previous boss?

Sky Dog wrote:

I agree Mikka. Like I said earlier, I don't think anyone is under contract now. Why would they be if the recording is officially complete and there is no tour planned. The Gnr Family is obviously a big one....who the fuck knows who will show up on stage the next time there is a tour?:haha: Dizzy and Axl for sure...after that it's anyone's guess! (and that goes for my boy Tommy too.:nervous:)

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I believe that people in general will always prefer to see Izzy, Axl, Slash and Duff play together live rather than the crew Axl has assembled today.

why has this thread about Robin turned into stupid reunion speculations.     your statement is incorrect.  a lot of people dont' givea shit about the old lineup and dont' care to see a stupid reunion.    Lets not take this thread there.

My point has NOTHING to do with a reunion. My point is that this line up have been out on tour twice and the media still harps on about the old line up getting back together. On a world wide scale, and compared to the late eighties and nineties, GNR get much less attention.  Your personal views on the new line up, in the great big world outside of these forums, is very much the minority. Money talks my friend and money chases the old line up and not the new.

My point (if you read it) was to suggest that the current line up is only placed as a valid replacement to the old line up when it suits Axl (live only) and that it is possible that Finck has decided he can do no more for Axl and GNR at this time and has moved to a place where he is happier, for now.

Board footer